Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #1

New camper time

Wife and I have owned pop-ups since the 80's. Have talked about getting something slightly more soundly constructed. Narrowed our choices to a few small units. Just will be the 2 of us. Wanted unit under 5000 pounds so we would stay under our tv rating buy a decent factor. Not planning on full-timing but a lot of 3 season trips. Went to an RV show here in town. Fell in love with the Coachman Clipper Cadet 17CFQ. Dealer wanted $9988 for a 2019 as a show deal. Small but has queen bed with outlets near head of bed so wife can plug in CPAP.

Found out this unit was the only one they had and had been floating around their lot for almost 2 years. And it showed it in a few places. Decided to not jump on this one. Asked sales lady about getting a new one. Said she would look into it and get me pricing. Called me back 2 days later. Can get me a new 2020 built next month. Only a few hundred more that the demo unit. Jumped on that deal. And for the money the 2020 has f few things the older units don't so is even a better deal.

Can hardly wait for it to come in!!!
Iowa Frogfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the Clipper family! you will find lots of good info at the associated thread. https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ns-129351.html

Rick
archerrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:15 PM   #3

Congratulations on your new rig. Very smart of you to investigate the older unit and not buy it.

We had a similar tt and the two of us put close to 30,000 miles in five years on trips around the country. It's a good layout for two people. You're going to love the ease of setting up and tearing down the campsite.

Tags
camper