Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #1

New Coachmen Catalina!

I joined this forum 2 years ago even though we owned a Gulf Stream Innsbruck. Gulf Stream’s owner forum is highly geared to motor homes so I found this forum far mor informative. Sadly, our TT was stolen from a gated storage facility but I am happy to say we have put a deposit down on a 2019 283RKS! We are super excited and looking forward to being a REAL owner on this forum.
dianeotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #2

We bought the same model, 283 RKS Legacy Edition 2 years ago, love the floorplan. No major issues, just a few minor ones I took care of myself. Check the roof caulking, I had to add a tube of Dicor to some suspect spots when I got it home. There will likely be sawdust and metal shavings to clean up. Enjoy.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
(Dry Huunday)

Congrats on your new Catalina! Hopefully you will be as happy with yours as we are with ours!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #4

New Coachmen Catalina

I have owned two Catalinas, a 253RKS & a 283RKS. Both were very good trailers for me. The only bad thing a will say about them is there is NO am antenna. No baseball games in the summer.

Besure to clear you AC filters on top, i did not and had to replace a control panel when a relay went bad, my flaute. Good camping
ilcamphost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:58 PM   #5

A few thoughts

Definitely check the roof seems. I used a tube of dicor to seal them the way they should be. second, pull EVERY hot/cold register and remove (vacuum debris). I also used the real tin foil duct tape to seal the main ducts to the export ducks. I think only 1 of them was adequately installed. This made a HUGH difference in heating and air conditioning. I also "Bullet proffed" the entire TT by replacing screws, gluing wood that was loose, and using silicone adhesive where appropriate. I re-routed most of the plumbing and installed $9.00 water detectors where I could not directly access the pipes such as; near the water heater, under the shower, and near the external shower-the shelf area in the bathroom. One final; there were no washers or putty in the kitchen sink drains. Simply pull them and use plumbers putty...a 5 min job...

I actually love the layout, the large window in the living room, the kitchen but it took me 10 weeks to seal everything and so far, I have had no problems...Best of luck.
jsj248 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina