Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
#7094 - 2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL 50TH Anniversary for sale in Greencastle PA

Here's a link to one of their 2015 units priced at $38,322. It's got the 2nd AC, bedroom tv & equa flex suspension added too.
I will be home in a few hours and can link you to a website that shows msrp and invoice for most campers.

I got it for $500 under invoice Out the door (no tax in my state). No delivery fee, no prep fees, no hidden costs. They are about 100 miles from the factory so they go and pick them up themselves so there are no fees the manufacturer charges them.

Corey has been fantastic, this will be our first camper purchase and I have emailed him at least 50 times and he is very quick to reply back whether he is working or his day off from his cell phone. A great person to do business with.

Will post back this afternoon once I jump on my laptop.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
#7094 - 2015 Coachmen Chaparral 360IBL 50TH Anniversary for sale in Greencastle PA

Here's a link to one of their 2015 units priced at $38,322. It's got the 2nd AC, bedroom tv & equa flex suspension added too.
Here is a direct link to the website to build your own 360IBL. I built one with the options your sister is looking at and the following is the pricing for it.

Chaparral 360IBL Mid Profile Fifth Wheel 2014 | Chaparral Mid Profile Fifth Wheel by Coachmen RV | See Dealer Cost

MSRP $55,656.50
Invoice $38,384.23

I did not factor in any of the fees they have listed IE: professional driver, tolls, fuel, delivery. because TerryTown doesn't charge any of those. Also, the 2nd AC isn't listed on that link as an option however if you multiply the MSRP on the dealer's pricing sheet by .69, that will be the invoice price.

So they are basically selling it for $160 under invoice BUT what are they charging for fees AFTER that. It does not say whether they are going to pass along the shipping, fuel and toll charges onto you. Any prep fees?

Again, Terrytown picks up the campers direct from the factory so they do not charge for any of those since they do not get charged any of those from Coachmen.

So she should be able to get the same deal as me, $700 under invoice ($550 in savings) plus any savings that Keystone would charge her on additional fees.

HOWEVER, if she is going to be getting service from Keystone (I don't know where your sister lives), then I'd buy local just to build the relationship.

My invoice was $39,715 and my Purchase agreement is for $39,024 out the door. This includes a $200 admin fee and a $34 title fee.

Couple things I ordered and didn't order.. didn't order the TVs because I can get name brand for half the cost.. also didn't get the 2nd AC instead I put in a comfort air fan in the bedroom. Between the 15k AC and ceiling fan, it will be very sufficient to keep the camper cool. I wanted the fan instead of the 2nd AC incase I wanted air to circulate without the need of the AC which will be loud and right over my head. Also, with the 2nd AC going, I would need 50AMP service and most sites I go to I camp at 30 amp sites. I did get the 50amp prep package though just for future use if we needed. Also put the 4 point leveling system.

I bought 1,200 miles away because the local dealer that I'd be doing business with was $49,995 for the SAME camper and would not budge. I don't mind spending a little more to stay local and have a good relationship but I'm not going to spend $10,000 more.

Hope this all helps.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:00 AM   #23

I purchased a new 360IBL about 7 weeks ago. Huge upgrade from my 33' keystone hideout TT. I was on the fence between this and a RBH model with an outdoor kitchen. One view of this ILB and I was sold. Our kids are 4 and 6, so the smaller bunks will fit them for years. I've done a lot of work to both the camper and my tow vehicle. We purchased it from a wholesaler in Indiana.

Camper changes & notes:
  • JT Strong arms. These are absolutely a must for any 5th wheel in my opinion. Stabilized 80% of the prior motion. Easy to install yourself, purchased on Amazon for $260. Worth every dollar. Look up 191023 on amazon. You have to get extensions for the rear electric jacks. Part 314597.
  • 2x Ultra-Fab Jumbo Hitch Rollers. I welded these onto the back of the bumper. On our first trip I drug the @(&# out of the back bumper getting to the site. I had called the host weeks before to make sure I wouldn't have problems. Beware Energy Lake Campground, Land Between the Lakes, KY!!! Look up 48979023 on amazon.
  • Coleman Mach 8 Polar Cub 9200 BTU AC. I added this along with the heat strip to the front of the camper. This puts my total height at 12'9". The polar cub only draws 9.3 amps, easily allowing both AC operation on a 30 amp connection.
  • Fantastic 2500 fan in the rear vent. There is power supplied there by the mfg. Worth the time scraping old caulking off the roof and replacing. Don't mess with those Heng's vortex fans! Added a Maxxair 00-933072 vent cover over the fantastic fan. Put the Heng fan in the bathroom with a standard camco vent cover. Still hate the Heng fan but I couldn't return it.
  • I'm planning on removing the stock bike rack. It doesn't fit my 29er mountain bikes and I like my Yakima double down rack better. I'll probably build in a way to use them both.
  • Added all LED lights. The inverter was so loud with standard bulbs. Now we can have every single light on with no inverter sound.
  • A small style dorm fridge fits perfectly in the front garage. This was my solution to not getting an outside kitchen. So far, we've been able to completely stop buying ice to cool beverages.
  • Put your Sirius XM antenna inside the cabinet above the TV. It works perfectly.
  • Using a vent insulator as found on amazon seemed to make a big difference during hot days.
  • Leveling the camper side to side with the wheels only was new to us coming from a TT. We are now using Andersen-3604 camper levelers (2x) and they are perfect.

And now the TV:
2012 F250 6.7 CC SB 4x4
  • I already had installed a B&W turnoverball gooseneck hitch, so getting the B&W companion was a no-brainer. I do not have a sliding hitch. I really don't think its worth the extra expense, weight, and size for this camper. I drive semi trucks all the time. A person with good situational awareness that can "strap on" a trailer mentally will have no problems. The hitch is in the middle position height wise and far front position as described for my model. No problems in tight places or worries about hitting the bed.
  • Added firestone air bags. Run them about 30-40 psi. Over-inflating makes it bounce a lot. I also installed the firestone air pump behind the rear seat where the jack used to mount. Always get an onboard air pump with air bags! It doubles the price but worth every penny.
  • Added a Hellwig 7271 Big Wig rear sway bar. My F250 has the snow plow package, thus no rear swaybar. It was a pain to install. Can't honestly say if this is necessary or not. No experience pulling a 5er without, but it made sense to me. Zero issues with semis on the interstate.
  • 40 gallon rear diesel aux tank with a gravity flow connection to main fuel tank fill. Look up Dee Zee DZ97960 for xfer kit. I added a 12v solenoid to control transfer from the cab, but once the main tank gets less than 2/3 full just open it up. No need to get fancy like I did. Range @ 11.5 mpg is around 580 miles.

So far we really love this camper. I've got about 1700 miles on it so far. Trailers very well. I plan on adding slideout covers, and disk brakes in the next few years.
farmncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #24

wow you have been busy...

what LED bulbs did you go with?

I have looked at the levelers but haven't pulled the trigger...still doing the boards. how do you get back off of the levelers...back up a hair and pull the wedge?

I have the same tow vehicle as you. I haven't added anything but the hitch so far. it doesn't squat the truck as bad as I thought it would. going over bumps you can feel its kinda squishy in the rear. not sure if the sway bar or the air bags would help more with that.

I have been looking at extending my range with an aux. tank but haven't yet. with the small stock tank the range is easily 200+ miles....that takes about 3 hours and by that time some has to pee anyway. But it would help in those situations where you are not sure of the diesel quality at the next pee stop.

We have only officially camped in it once (about 4 nights). But have driveway camped several times. The first Saturday of college football I spent the day in the camper "tailgating" watching the games.
bama29fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #25

In my old camper I purchased a bunch of led lights from China on ebay. Quality was hit and miss. I ended up purchasing most of them (still made in China) from Amazon because the return process is so easy.

GRV Ba9s T10 Festoon 48-5050SMD Warm White - Put these in the bathroom. Not happy with them, way too bright and they flickered often. Replaced with the ones listed next.

GRV T10 921 194 24-5050 SMD LED - Put these pretty much everywhere good bright lighting is needed. Bathroom, kids room, under sink, front bedroom mains, hallway, etc.

GRV Ba15d 1142 High Power Car LED Bulb 30-5050SMD - The hanging lights over the island. Stick out a little but like them.

GRV Ba15s 1156 1141 High Bright Car LED Bulb 102-3528SMD - Kitchen table light. I wish I would have gone with 5050SMD LEDS, the 3528SMD lights are much dimmer. Works good enough though.

I had some smaller led paddle type bulbs from my old camper I put in less used places like above the beds, back, etc.

I ordered 30 G4 bi-pin led lights from ebay to replace the little halogen lights dotted all over the camper. I wish I would have never messed with it. They shipped me 12 warm white and 18 cool white. They are now denying my claim they are different. I even purchased from a highly rated seller.

I get off the levelers by backing up slightly and my wife removes the chock. 2 person job but I still carry the plastic lego blocks when I go out alone.

I think air bags would help the most. I run them at pretty low pressure (30), just where the helper / overload springs are barely touching. I might upgrade shocks in the future to help dampen bounce.

I was really disappointing with the tank size of the 6.7 SB coming from a 6.0 SB. Seems like I'm filling it all the time. Planning a 2 week trip to Florida next summer, and should only have to refuel 4 times.

I see you have slideout covers on your 360ibl. Next time you get a chance, can you measure the bunkhouse slideout cover fabric width? I'm having trouble finding a mfg that makes them that small.

Attached a picture of the family at Giant City State Park, Makanda, IL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Giant city panorama wallpaper.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	62632  
Old 09-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama29fan View Post
wow you have been busy...

what LED bulbs did you go with?

I have looked at the levelers but haven't pulled the trigger...still doing the boards. how do you get back off of the levelers...back up a hair and pull the wedge?

I have the same tow vehicle as you. I haven't added anything but the hitch so far. it doesn't squat the truck as bad as I thought it would. going over bumps you can feel its kinda squishy in the rear. not sure if the sway bar or the air bags would help more with that.

I have been looking at extending my range with an aux. tank but haven't yet. with the small stock tank the range is easily 200+ miles....that takes about 3 hours and by that time some has to pee anyway. But it would help in those situations where you are not sure of the diesel quality at the next pee stop.

We have only officially camped in it once (about 4 nights). But have driveway camped several times. The first Saturday of college football I spent the day in the camper "tailgating" watching the games.
I didn't notice you had the slide out covers on it until the poster above mentioned it. Curious on what brand you have and what did it cost you if you do not mind me asking to buy them and have them installed. This is something else that I'm considering doing before it gets delivered.

Based on the color, looks like the Dometic Slidetopper Full cover.

Products - Dometic
Old 09-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #27

Chaparral just came out with a new floor plan called a 390 that is a similar layout to the 360 but the bunk room has a queen bed and bunk and their is an outside grill and frig.
Luckydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog View Post
Chaparral just came out with a new floor plan called a 390 that is a similar layout to the 360 but the bunk room has a queen bed and bunk and their is an outside grill and frig.
Must be similar to the Sierra and Sandpiper 371REBH which has the couch that turns into a queen bed in the middle bedroom, entertainment center and bunk above.

New 2015 Forest River RV Sandpiper 371REBH Fifth Wheel at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #134047

Very nice model but at 3 feet longer and 1,500lbs more, I'll be happy with my 360IBL once it comes in.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #29

No, the chap 390 actually has a queen.

Name:	1410642363801.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	62719
Old 09-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #30

Well that's very cool. Any other ideas on specs, length, weight? Any other info or pics?

Couple things I notice, you lose a lot of cabinet space. The 360 has a ton below and above the sink and storage in the island. Also seem to lose the 2 bar stools for the center island.

Still a nice layout.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:49 PM   #31

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1410648540837.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	62731   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410648555642.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	62732   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410648572776.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	62733   Click image for larger version

Name:	1410648584317.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	62734  
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #32

I like the color

the drop down stove is nice also.

As for the toppers...im not sure what brand they are. would there be a label somewhere? The dealer sold them to me at cost and installed for free. I believe they were about $200 each. I forgot to measure the bunk topper...ill try to do that at lunch.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #33

I'd think that they would put their logo or name on them but then again..

From my understanding from reading on here, there are only 2 companies that make them. Dometic and I think the other one was Carefree. Dometic has 3 or 4 styles to choose from with the one I linked being the most expensive. If you got them for $200 each, that is a damn good price. I'm seeing price ranges from $250-$500 depending on length and type.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #34
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckydog View Post
No, the chap 390 actually has a queen.
That is an excellent layout...too cool!...roomy for everyone, especially as the kids grow bigger

Old 09-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #35

blwnsmoke, I'm finding the same thing. Often times the freight on those is $80-100 per cover. This might be one circumstance where its cheaper to order through a dealer.

Its my hope that a cover will help dampen the sound of rain above the bunks / master bed. I can deal with rain, but inconstant big drops from trees is very annoying and loud.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #36

Looks like the bunk slide topper is approximately 66 inches.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #37

Update:

I've removed the hellwig big wig swaybar from my tow vehicle. Great swaybar, horrific ride when not towing. @ this point I don't care if it helped towing or not!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:35 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama29fan View Post
Recently purchased a 360IBL and absolutely love it. Camped in it for about 4 night now and have found no issues at all. Very few minor things found during the walk thru. Impressed so far with the quality of the unit...hope it stays that way.

We originally had a small hybrid Roo 183 then went to an Outback Sydney 310BHS. Just traded that in on this and couldn't be happier.

looking forward to hanging around here more now.
Did you buy from Clarke's RV in Millbrook?
chap327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chap327 View Post
Did you buy from Clarke's RV in Millbrook?
Sorry for the late reply... Haven't been on here in a while. Yes I purchased from them
Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #40

Very nice! We are very close to pulling the trigger on a 360. One question...any issues pulling it with your F250? I have a 2009 F250 diesel (4x4). I think the 360 is the acceptable ranges for everything except the tires, but I need to confirm. Just don't want to purchase the 360 then not be able to safely pull it.

Thanks!
mccormj45 is offline   Reply With Quote