Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #1

New to the forum and to 5th Wheel need some help with Hitches

Hello all, I’m new here and new to 5th wheel trailers. Well, I will be soon. I’m in the process of selling my current bumper trailer and hopefully buying a Chaparral X-lite 295x. While my other trailer sells I’ve been trying to research hitch among other things and would really like to run a Andersen #3200 or a Pullrite Superlite #2400 hitch. My understanding the 295x comes with Chaparral’s Turn Tec Engineering that is made for 6’ short bed trucks. But what it doesn't say is with what hitches, other then a standard hitch. That what they told me by email. Well as I do the math in my research seems like it would work. 295x works on 6’ bed, my bed is 6’-4” per Ram specs. Andersen has a 9” offset and the Superlite has a 3.5” offset. So looks like either hitch would work. Now the reason I’m writing this is just in case I’m overlooking something and to see if anyone here is running this set up with a Chaparral with Turn Tec Technology. Also my Truck is a Ram 2500HD short bed Diesel. Picture would be very helpful also. Can’t help to be worried about this since this is all new to me and seeing people running this in the real world is always a plus. Thanks for all the help and advice in advance.
Jlorenda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, hitch, wheel