Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #1

Newbie 2019 Freedom Express 281RLDSLE Questions

Hello everyone I have only had my 2019 Freedom Express 281RLDSLE Liberty Edition since the end of last Oct. I thought my friend who has previously owned a motor home would have told me about the maintenance schedule & things I need to do. We pulled it here to his house where there is a 30/50 amp pedestal & sewer & have remained parked. This is my full time home due to medical reasons. So I am just learning about the things I need to do...
I have to move because he has to sell this place & I am wait listed at 4 campgrounds. The long term goal is to buy land with electric water & sewer...or lease a place until I can find something that suits me.
I may have to go to a campground but that is not what I due to $$$, being packed in so close to others & no privacy.
Tomorrow I am looking at a 40 ft barn with 7 stalls, tack room, 40 ft long x 12 ft wide over hung roof (good to park the trailer & my small horse trailer under), has electric & well water plus it's 9.5 acres fenced where I can have a few sheep to train my dogs.
My trailer is 30 amp is it possible to plug into the barn & live in the trailer?
I will use the skirting from last yr 1" foam board, I use a lasko space heater in the living space along with the fireplace, & keep the furnace turned
down to 60.
Thanks for any help & I do have other questions but I need to know if the barn will work...
Cheers
Ektar
Ektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:38 AM   #2

Only 12 feet wide will barely leave room to open the door provided your slides are 2ft or less. If the barn has power available at least a 20 amp circuit (depending on the length of the run) I don't see why things should work. Keep in mind micro waves and coffee pots draw allot of power especially the run together.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar View Post
Tomorrow I am looking at a 40 ft barn with 7 stalls, tack room, 40 ft long x 12 ft wide over hung roof (good to park the trailer & my small horse trailer under), has electric & well water plus it's 9.5 acres fenced where I can have a few sheep to train my dogs.
You need to get details on what "has electric" means. It might be electric but not enough to run heaters + anything else for an extended period of time. Or it might be wired completely wrong. Or it might be perfect.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:46 PM   #4

Thank you for the responses...Yeah I forgot about the slide so part of the trailer may not be covered. Something in the barn was bothering me & I could not tell where it was coming from, it was a mess including an old automobile bench seat, not functioning lg freezer, small amt of hay & misc. So it could be the bench seat or the hay & maybe not the barn.

I am looking at other alternatives like cheap portable garages & etc in case there is a mold issue I do not want to park next to the barn & contaminate my new trailer.
Someone who works for dominion power stopped by to exchange the meter & I inquired about adding a 30 amp socket. He did said it should be expensive since there is already power & would need to add extra meter.
I have know clue about the electrical stuff except I have 30 amps & if I use a hair dryer make sure nothing but lights are running...
If I rent this place it's only until I can find something I can afford to buy & you know that could be soon but will probably take a while to find the right place. Thank you to all for your help.

Cheers
Ektar
Ektar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom, freedom express, newbie