Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #61

The attachment shows my opening and the bracket (not attached yet). With the bracket attached the tv would not fit in the opening. I assume it needs to be within the "boxed in area" I was afraid of it moving in and out while driving or it coming down if it wasn't supported within the box.

Thanks for the info!!!
Dottie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BH TV.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	198557  
dotkellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #62

Hello dotkellum, I will try and help you out the best I can with your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotkellum View Post
Have you added a 2nd tv to the back bedroom?
Yes, I have. I installed a 32”.
I used a flat style fixed mount, it was cheap, but difficult to fasten the TV to. I had to drill holes in the shelf below to tighten the screws that attach the tv to the mount.
I suggest a swing arm style mount for ease of installation, and allows you to access the ports on the TV. However, then you need a way to fasten the TV tight in transport. Either way will work.

On page 3 there should be a pic or two of my TV mount. I didn’t find any difficulty in finding the mounting point, just use #10 screws, around 1” - 1.5” in length. You don’t want to go sending 3” screws through there.

We have traveled down some terrible roads and ours is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotkellum View Post
We are in 30-50 degree temps now and the bedrooms are cold with the furnace running. My husband's in the HVAC business and he says the duct work going to the back bedroom is only 2 inches. We feel more cold than heat coming out of it. Trying to figure out if it can be replaced with a 4 inch pipe or other solutions.
I don’t believe there is a heat run in the rear bunk. The grille on the bunk side is the “fridge exhaust pipe”.
It just gives the fridge somewhere to exchange some air, no actual exhaust comes out of there.
Grab an electric heater with a tip over safety, that’s what we use.

I hope this helps!
HVACGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #63

If there is no support in the centre for that mount, you may need to fasten plywood up first to give you somewhere to screw to. Or grab a different style mount.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #64

I’m sorry to keep posting but I can’t seem to edit my past posts.

I was incorrect about the heat run in the bunk house. If I only looked back through my own thread I would have seen it. Page 4 I show a picture of the heat run. If I remember correctly mine was pinched and had a bunch of hard bends in it. I was able to fix it from the outdoor kitchen under the sink.

I’m sure running a new one wouldn’t be easy!

Tags
300bhs, coachman apex, coachman apex 300bhs