Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #1

No Monitor in 2012 Coachmen 16B?

Hey guys! I recently purchased a 2012 Clipper model 16B, and ran into a minor issue. I've been trying to find information about this with no luck...I found some photos of the 2013 model 16B showing a tank/battery monitor, but my 2012 model doesn't seem to have one. Heater and pump switches, but no monitor.

Am I crazy here? Am I missing something? Does anyone know if the wiring and tank sensors exist in this model, that I can add the monitor?

Thanks all!
johnsgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #2

I would have to assume it wasn't available in the 2012's but was offered in the 2013's. They can change a lot from year to year.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Just as confused as you

Your not really missing any thing. The idiot lights normally don't work properly. Case in point, if the battery level indicate full it really means your converter/charger is charging the battery at that moment. The tank monitors can indicate your tank is full even if it isn't.

The best way to tell if your grey water is getting full is when the sink, tub or shower starts draining slow. If the water backs up into the tub or shower it means the tank is full.

The black tank is getting full when the toilet starts belching or burping when you flush.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:33 PM   #4

So, after some looking into how tank sensors are installed, I crawled under the rig last night and discovered...sensors are there, but not wired!

I guess now it's just to decide if I actually want to get a monitor and wire it up.
johnsgunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, coachmen