Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #1

outside kitchen door won't close

outside kitchen door seem to be way off and won't close . it was working fine and now it looks to be off about 1/8 of an inch just enough where the back won't fit in and can't latch it . anyone else have this issue come up and what did you do
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #2

Yes me. Mine is a 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express picked up in January with the outdoor kitchen, which I absolutely love as I do most of the cooking while camping. I've noticed lately that when I attempt to close the door it does indeed bind on the left hand side. To correct this I have been pulling it down while pulling to the right, or front, of the TT and it closes correctly. Now--I'll go out and take a closer look at what may be causing this.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #3

Thurman thanks for the response .I'm asking for a young couple staying next to me for the winter here in Fl . i've looked at it and it seems to have shifted to the left . there is a 1/4 gap on the right which causes not enough clearance on the left to close . i'll look at it closer myself when they get back .
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Slide the door over on the hinge and crimp the end of the hinge.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Slide the door over on the hinge and crimp the end of the hinge.
Not that kind of hinge , it's a piano type hinge riveted on. i can't see an obvious reason for it to be out of alignment . Checked it out again this evening. seems the only way would be to drill the rivets move and re-rivet .
seems the opening is out of shape .
Old 10-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #6
Site Team

The door shocks are very strong and if you do not pull down in the center of the door, it can shift so as not to be square. If you need to add a pull string on the center of the door. I noticed the tendency to shift early on and now I am very careful to pull it down even ( side to side)

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
The door shocks are very strong and if you do not pull down in the center of the door, it can shift so as not to be square. If you need to add a pull string on the center of the door. I noticed the tendency to shift early on and now I am very careful to pull it down even ( side to side)
I agree with Flybob and Thurman
Virginia Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:53 AM   #8

It's a big door and a big opening and prone to twisting etc. It could be just where you are parked at. Maybe the trailer isn't quite level or it's twisted slightly. Could be if you move the trailer 3 feet it will square up again.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
No lift arms on this door ,
Old 10-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
It's a big door and a big opening and prone to twisting etc. It could be just where you are parked at. Maybe the trailer isn't quite level or it's twisted slightly. Could be if you move the trailer 3 feet it will square up again.
yes . i did notice is was off on level .I'll suggest they start there .
Would think the unit would be ridged enough to off level a bit and still work ,but makes sense .
Old 10-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #11
Happy Camper

I had a very similar problem with my 2015 Suveyor 321BHTS. When I took it in to Camping World for the 90 day "adjustment period", they said FR would not approve a repair or adjustment. After three months of their "BS", I did get my camper back and they gave me a replacement weatherstrip (that I installed myself to be sure it was done right), because the misalignment had caused damage. I now close the big door from the rear corner while pushing slightly toward the front. No more problems.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #12

John thanks . Upnorth came up with the answer . releveled the unit andnow the door closes . neighbors are happy campers now

Tags
door, outdoor kitchen