Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #1

Peeling Wall Paper

Hi new to the forum. Looking for some help/suggestions. I have a 2019 Shasta Phoenix made by Coachmen. We're starting to get several spots on our wall where the wall paper is peeling away from the wall and creating bubbles. we have pressed it down and heated it up and it will stay flat for a while, but then peels away a few days later. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or if this is fairly common issue? Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wall 1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	239364   Click image for larger version

Name:	wall 2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	239365   Click image for larger version

Name:	wall 3.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	239366  
HABGAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #2

Is it still under warranty of any kind? While it's possible it was stretched during installation and is now coming loose, the way that looks, I'd be worried about a water leak in that area. Especially as the loose portion crosses a panel seam.
Most interior wall panels come with the decorative wall covering already attached, not applied later.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #3

unfortunately its outside the 1 year warranty. I checked with coachmen and they will provide new panels, but will not cover the labor to fix it.

I was worried about water as well, but its actually occurring about 6 different spots throughout the trailer and all areas are dry.
HABGAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABGAT View Post
unfortunately its outside the 1 year warranty. I checked with coachmen and they will provide new panels, but will not cover the labor to fix it.

I was worried about water as well, but its actually occurring about 6 different spots throughout the trailer and all areas are dry.
6 different areas? Wow. With that many defects you would think they would realize it's a manufacturing problem/defect and get it fixed for you.
You might try an independent shop for estimates, and/or see if they have any ideas about getting them to foot the labor bill. And for sure get those free panels!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:37 AM   #5

I have a 2018 Chaparral Lite and see the same issue in it. Multiple locations throughout the trailer. Starting to wonder about quality with Coachmen.
dbellue is offline   Reply With Quote