Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2021, 07:06 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
you think that the the furnace was the only corner cut???? There are more, you can bet on that.

No doubt, when using the word "workmanship" it is usually preceded by "terrible". Sold a Grand Design not too long ago after a year + of warranty work. Whenever I think of buying another RV I have to slap myself a couple of times. The industry is a joke but what amazes me the most is the willingness of owners to fix warranty issues themselves after spending thousands.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 09:34 AM   #22

At major shows, like the Florida RV show in Tampa, most units are shipped directly to the show and are not PDI prior to showing. After the show most dealers are so bussey, good inspections never take place.

Back to the hole and decal, in the build cycle the decals are installed prior to some trim pieces like the furnace exhaust piece. It was the responsibility of the decal person to cut the decal around the hole. Once this task was omitted the trim guy had no place to install the exhaust piece...job finished on to the next unit. The plywood layer was added at the hole location to provide support for the exhaust piece.

The RV industry in this country is not known for anything close to quality at any price. I find if you are not willing to accept conditions as they are, you will be sadly disappointed. If you want to change it, get educated, and go to work for Forrest River or better yet get highly educated and become the CEO. Oh, forgot about those stockholders that want dividends, and lastly your salery and bonusses are based on profits.
2016 Vengeance 29V Sold
FrankG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
I'm confused. The hole is on the outside, right? But the "finished" pic is from the inside?

The furnace pic is here and shows what should be on the outside: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/climat...furnace-137120

HTH,

Ray
Attached are the before and after pictures, both outside and inside. I didn't get a closeup pic of the decal covered hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01b Trying to fix furnace Exhaust outlet.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	250148   Click image for larger version

Name:	01c Furnace Exhaust in Place.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	250149   Click image for larger version

Name:	02b Furnace - Non Ducted (Cropped).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	250150   Click image for larger version

Name:	02c Furnace - Non-Ducted.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	250151  
Old 03-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #24

Did you accept this??
ENGINEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 08:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post
Dont beat yourself up.

Built for the show or for delivery you can bet if its made by FR you will be working on it for the first 3 to 5 years.
Just cross your fingers that the problems are something you can fix because if you need the dealer to do it, OMG, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

The FR product I now own will be my last. I refuse to buy trash again.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AND YOU CAN PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Best of luck, try to make the best of it. Most of all, if you can,
Well, all I can say is you won't find many that are better built, unless you plan to pay 4-5 times the prices of a FR. Even the highly rated Jayco trailers are built the same way, and even they have the same complaints of poor workmanship.

Keystone? Yeah, worse than FR.

Dutchman? Holy Moly MUCH worse than FR.

When I bought the Arctic Wolf, I looked at a LOT of trailers. Just for kicks because it was way out of my price range, I looked at a Montana. $90,000 trailer. A closet door in the front bedroom fell off when my wife opened it to look inside. FELL OFF!

I looked at Dutchman, briefly, the cabinets were paper coated MDF and the paper was falling off. Whats interesting is I had just sold a Coleman, which is a Dutchman brand, and the cabinets, after 6 years were still holding up well. Of course the Dutchman was the least expensive and it shows.

Looked at a Keystone 5th wheel BH, the trim was falling off. It was a smaller unit, rear bunk, one slide, and was only $2K less than the 3660SUITE we decided on.

The 3660 we got, during the walk through I spotted several defects that did get repaired, on 3 slides there were frayed cables. There were also a few fit and finish issues, particularly with the lights being difficult to turn on and off. And a problem with one seal on the rear street slide. The problem though is not the seal, but the slide box is not square at the top so there is a gap when open. I still don't know where that one is going, I have to get the trailer back from service to find out what was done. The Furrion 12V DC fridge is a POS, so they replaced it, which is why I don't have it home. Dropped it off November 4th.

Not in a rush to get it home since the shoulders and the drive were very soft from the recent thaws, but now I am calling to find out when I can pick it up.

Is that a FR issue, nope, a dealer and supply issue. The long wait was for the replacement reefer. I still will have to deal with the slide seal when I get it back and get a hand written confirmation from FR stating that the seals will not allow water to get in and cause damage so I can force them to repair it when it does.

And to think, out of all the trailers we looked at, this one was the best built one.
Bhrava is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Dont beat yourself up.

Built for the show or for delivery you can bet if its made by FR you will be working on it for the first 3 to 5 years.
Just cross your fingers that the problems are something you can fix because if you need the dealer to do it, OMG, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

The FR product I now own will be my last. I refuse to buy trash again.

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AND YOU CAN PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT.

Best of luck, try to make the best of it. Most of all, if you can,
+10 Over a year and still trying to get mine repaired. It's going in again in a couple weeks. Hope I have better luck this year. Completely soured on new FR units.
Stevemal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhrava View Post
Well, all I can say is you won't find many that are better built, unless you plan to pay 4-5 times the prices of a FR. Even the highly rated Jayco trailers are built the same way, and even they have the same complaints of poor workmanship.

Keystone? Yeah, worse than FR.

Dutchman? Holy Moly MUCH worse than FR.

When I bought the Arctic Wolf, I looked at a LOT of trailers. Just for kicks because it was way out of my price range, I looked at a Montana. $90,000 trailer. A closet door in the front bedroom fell off when my wife opened it to look inside. FELL OFF!

I looked at Dutchman, briefly, the cabinets were paper coated MDF and the paper was falling off. Whats interesting is I had just sold a Coleman, which is a Dutchman brand, and the cabinets, after 6 years were still holding up well. Of course the Dutchman was the least expensive and it shows.

Looked at a Keystone 5th wheel BH, the trim was falling off. It was a smaller unit, rear bunk, one slide, and was only $2K less than the 3660SUITE we decided on.

The 3660 we got, during the walk through I spotted several defects that did get repaired, on 3 slides there were frayed cables. There were also a few fit and finish issues, particularly with the lights being difficult to turn on and off. And a problem with one seal on the rear street slide. The problem though is not the seal, but the slide box is not square at the top so there is a gap when open. I still don't know where that one is going, I have to get the trailer back from service to find out what was done. The Furrion 12V DC fridge is a POS, so they replaced it, which is why I don't have it home. Dropped it off November 4th.

Not in a rush to get it home since the shoulders and the drive were very soft from the recent thaws, but now I am calling to find out when I can pick it up.

Is that a FR issue, nope, a dealer and supply issue. The long wait was for the replacement reefer. I still will have to deal with the slide seal when I get it back and get a hand written confirmation from FR stating that the seals will not allow water to get in and cause damage so I can force them to repair it when it does.

And to think, out of all the trailers we looked at, this one was the best built one.

Lets hope it is all good from this point on.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
+10 Over a year and still trying to get mine repaired. It's going in again in a couple weeks. Hope I have better luck this year. Completely soured on new FR units.

Dont feel alone, most everyone who has owned a fr goes through depression once they realize what they have spent their money on.

Best of luck to ya.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #29

Quote:
Dont feel alone, most everyone who has owned a fr goes through depression once they realize what they have spent their money on.
Well I can't speak for most everyone but I love my little TT. Thankfully we've had no major issues. This is the 3rd camping season. We've had some minor issues but when you stop and think what these TT endure when we pull them from here to there I think they do a decent job.
I have had brand new stick built homes, as well as 50+ year old stick built homes and none were not without issue. I just bought a nice set of Maytag washer/dryer. Neither are 2 years old yet and both have already had to be repaired. I told the repairman I used to see commercials all the time for lonely Maytag repairmen because they were so well built they had nothing to do. I said now I know why I don't see those commercials any more.
You can't just point your finger at one. It's a reflection on the way things are. No pride. No ethics. Nothing you buy is made well any more.

Butner, North Carolina
TT-2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s
TV-2017 Nissan Titan*4x4 Crew Cab

"Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one"
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by momraising5boyz View Post
Well I can't speak for most everyone but I love my little TT. Thankfully we've had no major issues. This is the 3rd camping season. We've had some minor issues but when you stop and think what these TT endure when we pull them from here to there I think they do a decent job.
I have had brand new stick built homes, as well as 50+ year old stick built homes and none were not without issue. I just bought a nice set of Maytag washer/dryer. Neither are 2 years old yet and both have already had to be repaired. I told the repairman I used to see commercials all the time for lonely Maytag repairmen because they were so well built they had nothing to do. I said now I know why I don't see those commercials any more.
You can't just point your finger at one. It's a reflection on the way things are. No pride. No ethics. Nothing you buy is made well any more.

Butner, North Carolina
TT-2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511s
TV-2017 Nissan Titan*4x4 Crew Cab

"Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one"

Very well said! So sad but so true. Seems the day of pride in workmanship is few and far between.

May you have many many more years of successful camping and travels.