Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #21

Dometic Awning

Thanks for the comments. I have spoken to my Dealer and tend to agree with his reasoning and comments. They have been very supportive and accommodating with other issues. I also have had no issues with this dealers schedule for previous repairs or things I have wanted modified. Now we are just waiting on delivery of the new awning material.

Happy camping

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	492.1 KB
ID:	197246
Joeegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Unfortunately we hear all the time where the dealer tells someone that the mfg. won't warranty something and come to find out they never even contacted the mfg..

Please let us know what the dealer tells you when you let them know that it's being replaced and ask them why they couldn't get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
Good idea! Dealers are also paid back at different standard rates on warranty work than they can charge on retail service, so other RV's will likely get quicker service while warranty work is pushed to the back of the line as it's less profitable.

Another thing (the way I see it anyhow) is if the dealer lied to you, is there another dealership and/or service center nearby that you may want to take your future business to. You know this dealer will lie on simple stuff. So what confidence will you have on the more complex?

X2 Keep on them when you bring it in. Don't let them "put it on the back burner" just because it's warranty work. Many dealers do this and give priority to cash customers even if they have "appointments" AFTER yours is already there!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic