Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #1

Sanitizing fresh water system.

In years past with our old TT, I always liked to add a bit of bleach to the fresh tank, fill it up, circulate thru all the water lines before letting it sit overnight, then flushing.

With our 360IBL, I can't seem to figure out how to get the bleach in the lines!

Any help?

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:29 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
In years past with our old TT, I always liked to add a bit of bleach to the fresh tank, fill it up, circulate thru all the water lines before letting it sit overnight, then flushing.

With our 360IBL, I can't seem to figure out how to get the bleach in the lines!

Any help?
Just pour the Bleach into the Supply Hose and turn on the Water! I use "Peroxide"for the Sanitize,only used it for 15 years! Go through the same Drill as Members who use Bleach! Youroo!!
Old 04-24-2017, 07:05 AM   #3

Thanks youroo... that's a great idea!

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #4

Another shout out for Hydrogen Peroxide. Not going into the long story, but: I went through extensive training when employed and working with industrial waste water treatment. So many different instructors told us to stop using "Clorox" (Sodium Hypochlorite) and other brands of bleach in potable water systems, which is what a campers self-contained water system is. I even keep HP in my TT so that each trip we clean/sanitize our toothbrushes before first use at each campsite.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
WFD

I like the idea of using Hydrogen Peroxide...seems much easier to rinse out than bleach....so do you use the same ratio as bleach...being the 1/4 cup per 15 gal of tank capacity?
Old 05-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #6

"WFD" Back when I used the Hydrogen Peroxide at work I did calculate and measure. But, when I had my previous camper, potable water storage unknown, I would add a whole small bottle to the tank. That was maybe 6-8 ounces or so. That is what I have used with my current camper which holds 22 gallons according to the paperwork. I just dump the whole bottle in, add water until it burps out. I do this at home and let it sit a few days then dump it out. I have not used the potable water tank while camping either. I put water in the tank at home so the g'boys can use the bathroom in the camper when they are over and playing outside. I hope that helps you.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, water