Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

Slide out leaking

We have just started to notice water intrusion from what we assume to be the bottom corners of the slide out (more on the assumption later). I has a rust appearance but no smell, and when I felt the paper towel, almost had an oilyness to it.

First time we noticed it, it was just a rusty brown spot under the slide that we noticed the next time we put the slide out.

This most recent time, it was still wet and had run across the floor to the bench on the driver side. We opened up the bench and all appeared dry. Everything was mopped up and cleaned until the following day, after driving for 2 days.

This time it was in the bathroom. there was a run of the same discolored liquid that appeared to be coming from beneath the bathroom sink that shares a wall with the bench from the day earlier. I crawled in and peeked behind the false panel and the floor and construction sawdust was all dry.

The last spot we found, when putting it away after the weekend was at the other end of the slide, but all dried up. The fact it was at both ends of the slide lends to my assumption its slide related.

So now we are at 3 different locations of water, that is stained a brownish color. The unit is under warranty still, but if its an easy fix, I'd rather do it than trust it back in the hands of the dealership...

Any thoughts on how to pinpoint? Any similar leaks in a recent Pursuit?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8019.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	129814   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8020.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	129815   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8021.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	129816  
Old 02-13-2017, 08:34 PM   #2

Were you driving through rain that would be sprayed upwards to the bottom of the slide? The oily and brown stains would indicate rusty water and the slide lubricant. If so I'd be looking at sealing up especially the edges of the slide when it's fully out. That to me would be a start.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #3

I was poking around under the slide today.

I noticed the seal along the bottom of the slide on the coach wall doesnt extend to the end of the slide 'hole'. I can actually stick my finger up under the slide trim and inside.

I think I found my leak, now I just need to get a new piece of seal installed by the dealer to see if that seals up my leak.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #4

Our 370FL did the same thing on the big kitchen slide.Driving through rain,we would have water on the kitchen floor.Found the same thing.Slide seal was short and no touching the under side of the slide out. That plus a few other small items are being fixed at the dealer now.Should be done next week,if all parts got in from factory.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, slide out