Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #41

I just sold our Coachmen 320BDHSLE. We are stepping up to a 5er AND it's a Coachmen. That pretty much explains my stance on this subject. We had a few issues with it... As others mentioned It requires maintenance. You're basically taking a house with several systems and running down the road with it at 70 MPH....Systems are going to have issues. I'm in the marine business, so I get it.
GomoGlamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #42

We too are happy Coachman owners with a 2017 Chaparral 392MBL. Like others, we have had a few minor issues

- sink tap got stuck on spray

- main stub wall was not attached to the unit causing the bedroom door not to latch closed properly

- light globes over the island cracked

- some glue let go on the decorative stripping at the bathroom slide door

All fixed under warranty without question and all fairly minor problems. Now our water pump has crapped out....something I can easily fix on my own. I’m not saying Coachman or Forest River is perfect in the quality department but every manufacturer has the exact same issues....some units are a major disaster and some have minor issues that need to get sorted out.

The key is having a good dealer and a great service department. Everyone blames Coachman or whatever brand they own stating they suck because they had to “bring it back several times for repair” but that’s not Coachman’s fault.....if the repair fails, that’s an incompetent dealer and service department!!!!
Gsxrgrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #43

I think with any mass produced mid to lower end trailer these days, if you don't know how to fix small issues your self, you are doomed. With my coachmen, I have had to fix small things that take less time to do it myself than to drive the trailer to a dealer.

My next project after adding solar is to pull out the fresh water support braces and install very heavy duty metal C channels.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote