Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #1

TV and City water inlet on 2015 Coachmen Apex

We're new to RV'ing and still learning. I live in the Northeast and I've winterized but I discovered 2 things I'm confused about.I have a 2015 Coachmen Apex 25'. The TV it came with is an LED. Also comes with a Jensen Stereo. Do I need to pull these before the air temps drop below freezing?
My other question involves the city water intake. I was led to believe I need to pull the screen and press on the "valve" to release any water that might be there. I pulled the first screen relatively easy but there's another finer mesh screen below that which doesn't seem to want to come out. There's nothing in the "generic" Coachmen owners manual that speaks on this. Does this valve only exist in/on certain makes of campers?
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill
Billus338063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #2

I can't help you with the valve.The water inlet is where I blow the faucets out with my compressor. So there shouldn't be any water left.As far as the TV,i leave all our tvs and radios inside the camper.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #3

Don't know about the city water, I have never did anything with the city water to winterize. I just drain all the water out of the trailer. Open up the low point drains. Then fill the lines with RV antifreeze.

As for TVs leave them in unless worried about theft.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #4

Hi Billus
I have an apex 259bhss...
To winterize, I always open the low point drains, pump antifreeze through the lines the turn off the pump.
At that point pop out the screen on the city water inlet and just push the little valve in the middle. From the pressure in the lines antifreeze will shoot out the inlet and purge that line. Fill your p traps and done!
Hope it works for you!
tadbinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, water