Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #1

Tv mounting in a clipper 17fq

Any ever mount a tv bracket in a clipper 17fq ultra lite, best place?
Tedmuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #2

We are looking real hard at the 17FQ .. Looks like a tv could be mounted with one of those swivel arm mounts to either the cabinet or wall between the kitchen cabinets and the bed area,, that way you could watch it from the bed or the dinette... I would probably try to mount it to the wall with lags if I could find a stud...

How do you like the Clipper??

Joe
meganjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:04 PM   #3

I have a Viking 17FQ. You can mount on the side of the upper cabinet by the bed. The dealer strongly recommended that I not try the camper wall.
CampLife2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #4

Looking at the 17FQ as well. I really don't think the walls should be touched either. Not only are they extremely thin you have to hit a "stud" and then hope that you don't hit any wires in the wall. Cabinet seems to be the correct location without incident. One false move on the wall and you have a hole to the outside world. I'm thinking a 24" eventually will fit nicely off the cabinet.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #5

We have a 24" TV/DVD combo. It sticks out a little from the cabinet, but it is a good size for watching from the bed or the dinette.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #6

We put one in ours. Mounted it to the end of the cabinet. And yes, you can watch from the bed or dinette. Got our mount at Camping World. While the arm itself will lock back, the end with the tv will still swivel a bit. We remove the tv during travel, as it is very easy to remove. Getting it off the counter is really a priority in these smaller trailers.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #7

You can find some nice options at monoprice.com.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrod View Post
We put one in ours. Mounted it to the end of the cabinet. And yes, you can watch from the bed or dinette. Got our mount at Camping World. While the arm itself will lock back, the end with the tv will still swivel a bit. We remove the tv during travel, as it is very easy to remove. Getting it off the counter is really a priority in these smaller trailers.

Which mount did you get???

They have a bunch listed..

Thanks, Joe
Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #9

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...nt-small/51564
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #10

I should have added the included screws were barely bigger than the mounting holes so I replaced the hardware with thru bolts with oversize washers and nylock nuts on the inside of the cabinet. I even added a 1/4 inch plywood backing board inside the cabinet as well. Likely overkill but I tend to over-engineer things!😉
Old 03-03-2015, 04:27 PM   #11

I'm surprised. The wood on that side of the cabinet is so dense, I had a heckuva time getting the screws in. Bin fact they were pretty much stripped by the time I did.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #12

Quote:
I should have added the included screws were barely bigger than the mounting holes so I replaced the hardware with thru bolts with oversize washers and nylock nuts on the inside of the cabinet. I even added a 1/4 inch plywood backing board inside the cabinet as well. Likely overkill but I tend to over-engineer things!😉
Question in the 2015 model - the converter and Stereo are behind that cabinet side wall - so without removing them I cannot reinforce the side wall of the cabinet or use bolts and washers - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
thanks - we are Newbies here and this is our first TT - first trip will be April 17th..so excited - waiting for reply with eager forum eyes...
Sunsheyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsheyn View Post
Question in the 2015 model - the converter and Stereo are behind that cabinet side wall - so without removing them I cannot reinforce the side wall of the cabinet or use bolts and washers - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
thanks - we are Newbies here and this is our first TT - first trip will be April 17th..so excited - waiting for reply with eager forum eyes...

Toggle bolts??

Joe
Old 04-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganjoe View Post
Toggle bolts??

Joe
Yep that's where I'm at - unless there are other suggestions - problem is I don't know how far the converter sits - don't want to hit it
Old 04-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsheyn View Post
Yep that's where I'm at - unless there are other suggestions - problem is I don't know how far the converter sits - don't want to hit it
Once you drill the holes for the toggles you can gently slide the bolt in and see if it clears.. maybe you can cut the bolt down a little if you have to..

We are waiting for a Dealer to get the 17fq back in stock.. We have looked at a bunch of different models and like that one the best..

Joe
Old 04-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganjoe View Post
Once you drill the holes for the toggles you can gently slide the bolt in and see if it clears.. maybe you can cut the bolt down a little if you have to..

We are waiting for a Dealer to get the 17fq back in stock.. We have looked at a bunch of different models and like that one the best..

Joe
we will get the bolts this weekend and let y'all know how it goes - supposed to be rainy next weekend for our first outing - so fingers crossed on a change in the weather - since the fur baby is coming along it will be interesting in the rain...regardless of the weather we are so looking forward to the trip!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmuff View Post
Any ever mount a tv bracket in a clipper 17fq ultra lite, best place?
We have a 2015 - and mounted one yesterday - I just used hex bolts - 6 of them as I couldn't find Molly or toggle bolts short enough
(in the 15 model the converter and Stereo are behind that cabinet wall...)
we only have a 19 inch TV - but I think we could go to 23-24"
It's solid not going anywhere as that sidewall of the cabinet is a full 1/2" thick
we go on our first trip in it on Friday.....wish us luck - first timers...
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #18

Glad you got it figured out. Good luck and have fun on your first outing.
Last year was the first year for us. Went to the closest place we could our first trip out. In case we needed to go back home for something we forgot!

Had to look up some pics of the 2015's when you said the converter was up there now. Mine is down by the floor under the furnace.
Since the stereo is over there now is the cabinet above the dinette
open all the way thru?
Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Glad you got it figured out. Good luck and have fun on your first outing.
Last year was the first year for us. Went to the closest place we could our first trip out. In case we needed to go back home for something we forgot!

Had to look up some pics of the 2015's when you said the converter was up there now. Mine is down by the floor under the furnace.
Since the stereo is over there now is the cabinet above the dinette
open all the way thru?
Yessir the cabinet is open all the way thru over the dinette -

Tags
mount, tv mount