Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #1

warranty expectations

What is a reasonable time to have to wait for parts that are under warranty to come in? Been waiting since the 8th of June.
gserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #2

You might want to contact Coachmen direct to see if in fact the part(s) have been ordered.

I have had warranty work on my new Coachmen twice, and each time I got my trailer back in less than a week.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #3

Depending on what the item is I've seen wait times from a few days to a few months with our unit.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #4

We've had warranty work done onour freedom express twice. First time was for a trim Panel and slide seals that were damaged at time of delivery. That took 6 weeks. Second was for the A/C that went out. Took 8 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous but seems like it's pretty
Much the industry standard.
Nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:40 AM   #5

When we first picked up our camper, we had several things wrong with it. Once our dealer verified that the items needed to be replaced, they had to process paperwork for the Coachman to approve the work before they could even order the parts. So I guess the time would depend on how fast the paperwork gets processed, approved, items ordered and then delivered.
WNY_Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #6

I've seen things take a couple weeks to a couple months as well. Some things like couches or drapes/curtains took forever. Other parts came in but were wrong and had to be reordered several times. It is not a fun process!!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:09 AM   #7

At least some people are getting warranty service. We've had the new Prism for 6 weeks and have yet to even hear back from Coachmen about getting some warranty service. I've contacted them several times, sent emails with pictures and still nothing. And my local (80 miles away) dealer is scheduling appointments at least 6-8 weeks out!

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 AM   #8

I hope you get the work done soon!
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #9

I look at this issue with a different perspective as most as I work in the service department for a heavy equipment dealership. I know I want to get my items serviced in a timely manner especially when it is a warranty issue, and that expectation should be there.

One thing people don't take into consideration, is a lot of times the items you are looking to get warranty work on are not made by the RV manufacture (or by the heavy equipment manufacture) but from a third party vendor. The RV manufacture will keep a supply of parts on hand for building new coaches and or warranty issues, but if they run out and the manufacture doesn't have stock at that time the part will be on back-order. I run into that a lot as my equipment manufacture does not make the hydraulic valves, cylinders, motors, pumps etc. and if they do not have one at the warehouse they have to get it from the manufacture of that part.

Hope this helps some people realize and understand that sometimes it isn't the RV dealer or RV manufactures fault.
cgbotts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty