Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #1

Water pump in a 2020 freedom express ultralite 257bhs

Can anyone tell me what the hose on the water pump that doesn’t attach to anything is for. I located the water pump after several attempts to locate it. Can anyone tell me where I can find information on the floor plans the show the locations of the water heater .
tmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat89 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the hose on the water pump that doesn’t attach to anything is for. I located the water pump after several attempts to locate it. Can anyone tell me where I can find information on the floor plans the show the locations of the water heater .
The hose you mentioned is probably the one used to suck in antifreeze during the winterization process. There should be a valve where this loose hose Ts to the pick-up hose from the fresh water tank. Valve in one position causes the pump to draw from the fresh water tank; valve in the other position allows the pump to draw antifreeze from a jug. All this assumes you have a normal winterization kit.

Floor plans don't usually show water heaters as far as I know. You need to go outside and look for a rectangular door with vents in it.
Something like this:
Attached Images

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Mr Dan. I thought that’s what it may be but wasn’t sure. It does come from a t with a valve.
tmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
Retired Old Fart

You can also download a PDF of the 2020 owner's manual for Freedom Express Ultralight trailers at this link. They have one manual for all of those floorplans and not for each such as the 257bhs. I was hoping it would show the anti-freeze pickup hose in a photo but it does not. It does however show photos of how to set the bypass valves for winterizing and you will need to know that at some point. That info is on page 37 and 38 (by the page numbers at the bottom of the pages, not the actual PDF page number):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd-content....b5ec2abba9.pdf

The hose on the water pump should have a 3-way valve where it connects to the other water lines. In one position, the water pump sucks water from the fresh water tank or the city water inlet, in the other those are locked out and it sucks from that hose, which is meant to be inserted into a gallon jug of pink RV antifreeze. That way you can use the least amount of antifreeze instead of putting it in the fresh water tank (which will take a lot more). You also want to drain and "bypass" the water heater before winterizing. It has valves for that also.

From looking at the floor plan and photos of the outside of that model, your water heater is on the back wall. Outside you will see a black door, that is it. Inside it is most likely under the plywood for the bottom bunk in the bunkhouse area and against the back wall. You may be able to see it if you look way in the back of that storage compartment via the door at the front, but to actually access the rear of the water heater, I think you will have to lift up the plywood under the bottom bunk.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:02 AM   #5

Looking at pictures on-line, your water heater is in the back of the unit. There is a screwed on panel you need to remove to get to the bypass valves. Open the outside cover to get to the water heater drain plug. It should go without saying, but never remove the plug with the water hot and under pressure!

Tags
freedom, freedom express, lite, pump, ultralite, water, water pump