Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #1

water system

I'm new to this forum. We traded our Jayco hybrid for a '16 Freedom Express 257BHS. Two issues, I sanitized the water system today and noticed a small puddle at the water pump. I expect I just need to tighten a fitting but is this a normal problem with Coachmen build? Also, I went searching for a fresh water winterizing siphon but didn't see it at the water pump. However the water pump is pretty much inaccessible as it is located in a corner under the corner mount kitchen sink. I have long arms and can hardly reach back there after pulling out 2 drawers. A winterizing siphon is not mentioned in the Forest River manual. The manual suggests dumping 5 gal of RV antifreeze in the water tank. Has anyone been able to install the siphon at the pump.

There are also hand pumps that pump anti-freeze at the city water connection. Would that be a viable alternative to winterize the water pump?
I know cold weather is 6 months away, but I want to become informed about the differences with winterizing this trailer.

Last question, my dealer never installed the toilet paper holder. There were no screws in the package. How long of a screw do you guys suggest?

Thanks for your help
Looking forward to years of fun in the new trailer
bdhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #2

My siphon tube was in a kitchen drawer.

Mine uses the water pump to fill with A/F.
Yes the connections at the pump were loose, dealer dealt with it Johnny on the spot.

Get a freestanding TP holder.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #3
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I use a fitting that screws onto the city water hose connection just hook up the air compressor, dial down the air pressure and blow all lines clear. You still to drain the water heater.
Attached Images

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #4

I had leaks at the shower connections and at the water pump. Took 5 minutes to tighten up and recaulk the shower. Read a lot about this from Coachmen. No damage so all is good.

Just check all water connections for tightness.

Most of all - ENJOY!!
2004 F-150 Supercrew 5.4L, 3.73 Diff.
pops p is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water