Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 07:41 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Have to give you credit, you are like a dog with a bone over your definition of dry camping!
I guess so. I'll always stand by my definition of dry camping as going dry hense the adjective DRY in camping. Our should I be using the new and improved wording Condoing. Lol
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #82

The real definition of a "Dry" camper is not only the guy who goes out to the desert without water, he's also the guy that will show up at your door holding a bucket.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
The real definition of a "Dry" camper is not only the guy who goes out to the desert without water, he's also the guy that will show up at your door holding a bucket.
When I was a young kid the term "Dry" was often used to describe people who didn't drink alcohol or Counties where sale of alcohol was prohibited.

I guess that term could also describe a camper who only drank "soda pop" (although I doubt that would describe many here)

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 12:20 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_john View Post
Ya’ll are killin me! Lol “commercial full hookup campgrounds isn’t camping” “this isn’t camping, that isn’t camping”.all of these statements have something to do with power and water! Let’s all be honest here!!! NONE OF US CAMP!! Our campers are condos on wheels! We may try and convince ourselves that we “are camping” by going out in the middle of no where...but..we are still staying in a condo on wheels! True “camping” is hiking 10 miles in the bush, hauling almost everything we may need on our back, purifying water out of a stream, peeing by a tree and crapping in the weeds!! That’s camping! We just play weekend warriors and pretend to “camp” in our expensive condos on wheels!!
Maybe we should say that whenever we go out to camp, there could be levels of camping. Level 1 would be hiking in the wilderness with just a knife and nothing else. Like survival training. Sleep out under the stars and kill whatever you eat or grub for whatever plants you can find. Level 2 would be taking a backpack with dry foods and a sleeping bag. Level 3 would be level 2 but with a tent. Level 4 could be going out with your 4 wheel drive and roughing it with a tent and using the tail gate for a table which we used to do when I was a kid with my parents and siblings. Then level 5 could be camping using something like a shell camper like my wife and I did when we first got married. Level 6 could be with a slide in camper but no bathroom which is what we did after level 5. Then level 7 could be when you progress to either a TT or 5th wheel or motorhome going out and camping without any amenities such as water or electricity called boondocking by some. Level 8 could be camping at a campground or RV park with no hookups. And level 9 would be camping at either of those with electricity hookups. We have probably camped level 9 maybe twice in our almost 46 years of marriage. Level 10 would be level 9 with sewer and level 11 would be the the most lavish with water thrown in there for good measure. We've never camped at level 10 or 11. We just can't justify paying $40 or $50 a night to have the last 2 levels but then since we've never camped for weeks at a time staying at a campground or RV park. Our stays were for no more than 4 days at a time. I can see having the amenities of level 11 would be necessary for extended stays, and maybe some day we may do that. This system of camping, with levels, would eliminate any argument about camping though it is complex in nature. I doubt it will ever catch on as a person would have to have a list of them handy but it would differentiate the differences of camping and everybody could call what they are doing while out and about camping if they are in deed camping. We belong to an ATV club and have levels of difficulty for our rides. But there are only 3 so it's not very hard to remember which is which. So "Happy camping" every one which ever level you're at.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:39 AM   #85
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post

LOL, haven't met that "guy" yet but if he exists I give him credit.

Tags
water