Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #41
obi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
We could care less if the interior is brown or whatever...... IT is a camper not our home, we stay in it 60 -80 days a year and are not camping for a fashion show. I can not pay 100K for a camper so it can look pretty. We go camping to get away and don't spend all day inside it.

It is a camper who cares what if it looks fashionable as long as it is functional and clean.

GO!!! and..........
I never said I paid 100k so my camper would look pretty!

My point is.... If we are paying a lot of money for something, We should be-able to get what we want.
obi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:34 PM   #42
obi

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
LOL... So now we've gone from interior color choices to what your portfolio should be or what you're gonna tell your boss how much you're gonna make??
I was using metaphors to assist in my explanation that it is better for business to offer choices and not limit customers to one color and style.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #43
Site Team

I wouldn't mind more color choices but then I would mind if it came with a price increase. For the most part many of us can add touches of color. But let's face it some units can look a lot like a brownie. Or at least one I was in at a RV show sure did (It wasn't a FR unit).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #44
obi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
We could care less if the interior is brown or whatever...... IT is a camper not our home, we stay in it 60 -80 days a year and are not camping for a fashion show. I can not pay 100K for a camper so it can look pretty. We go camping to get away and don't spend all day inside it.

It is a camper who cares what if it looks fashionable as long as it is functional and clean.

GO!!! and..........
I don't care if I am going to spend 15 minutes or 1,000 day in something, If I am going to pay good money for it I want to love it.
My point is too many units have brown or dark brown, or dark gray or maple and these colors are gloomy, and depressing. I donít want to walk into my unit and feel depressed every time I enter it. I want to walk into my unit feeling upbeat and comfortable. I want to enjoy what I spend a lot of money on and not settle for what I can get.

Iím speaking about what I would like for interior style and comfort for those who will say there are more important things to look for. Of course, I look for quality, stability, durability, functionality, rating, power and ease of driving, but I want a nice interior. Some people mention making changes, but you canít paint over, sand down or stain over wood colored stickers. The cabinets are real wood, but the frame is something else with wood colored stickers.

I canít do much color changing without stripping off the stickers. I would have to find stickers for the surrounding frame to match the new wood color that I stained the cabinets.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #45
Site Team

You might have more options with ordering an RV vs. buying one off the lot.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #46

Yep, lots of different models/options between all the manufacturers. I've seen rigs in several colors at RV shows, especially in toy haulers. Ordering a rig might be the way to go.

If you can't find one to your liking, hotel rooms come with lots of colors
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:45 PM   #47

Personally, I prefer browns/beige's over gray, black, and white. Gray tones remind me of my garage and putty reminds me of a PC/AT - both of which are/were enjoyable at the right time and place, but I wouldn't want to live surrounded by it.
seagrace is offline   Reply With Quote