Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #1

Question Will Hott Rod Fit on 2017 BHS

Can anyone confirm that they have installed the Hott Rod shown in the link below in their Clipper 2017 BHS?

Diamond Group (HR6 Universal Hott Rod - 6 Gallon Capacity
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SSIBSA...ing=UTF8&psc=1
fonewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:48 PM   #2

I have a clipper but haven't put one of these on it, yet. Seems pretty universal as it goes in the anode rod hole. You just have to get creative on the thermostat mount and the power for it. Seen some videos, seems straight forward.
Mulligan1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan1298 View Post
I have a clipper but haven't put one of these on it, yet. Seems pretty universal as it goes in the anode rod hole. You just have to get creative on the thermostat mount and the power for it. Seen some videos, seems straight forward.
I sent the manufacturer an email, they replied asking for details of the water heater which I just responded with. I will wait for them to confirm it fits. I'm 99% sure it does but it can't hurt to get a confirmation before ordering.

Pretty excited to get this installed and not have to deal with the Propane/CO detector going off constantly when I try to take a shower. I've replaced the detector, I've put a third party one in place, I've checked for leaks of LP etc. Driving me mad but if I don't use LP for showers then I won't have the issue :-) Well worth the cost of this item, if for no other reason to use when I'm out of LP. I'll try to remember to follow up on my own post once I get it installed and tested out but it may be a few months.
fonewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #4

My father-in-law used to make out really good installing these many years ago before water heaters started coming with the electric option on rv's, I didn't think they were still around
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonewiz View Post
I sent the manufacturer an email, they replied asking for details of the water heater which I just responded with. I will wait for them to confirm it fits. I'm 99% sure it does but it can't hurt to get a confirmation before ordering.

Pretty excited to get this installed and not have to deal with the Propane/CO detector going off constantly when I try to take a shower. I've replaced the detector, I've put a third party one in place, I've checked for leaks of LP etc. Driving me mad but if I don't use LP for showers then I won't have the issue :-) Well worth the cost of this item, if for no other reason to use when I'm out of LP. I'll try to remember to follow up on my own post once I get it installed and tested out but it may be a few months.
Two points.

1) You've got a propane leak and two different leak detectors have verified it. Just because you can't find it, doesn't mean it's not there. The fact that it only happens when you use the water heater is a clue. Don't ignore a gas leak.

2) These electric conversion kits work well with Atwood water heaters because those heaters have no anode rod or a need for one. Suburban brand water heaters use an anode rod to protect the tank. You shouldn't remove it and replace it with a heating element.

2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote