Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #1

Wildcat fifth wheel rv heater removal - FAQ Copy

I was awoke at 1:00 AM to the heater making a loud vibrating noise and just by chance I seen a mouse come out of the intake vent. I started looking on the web to find out how to remove the heater with little results so I'm posting this for the next guy. This is on a Wildcat RV with the furnace under the fridge.

Turn off the gas and light the stove till there's no gas in the lines.
Remove the outside vent, 6 screws.
Remove the inside grill, 4 screws.
Remove the gas line and gently push it out of the fitting being careful not to bend it too much.
Remove the 2 screws that hold the front cover on the heater.
Remove the 2 screws that hold the unit to the floor, it's on the inside of the heater in the corners.
Slide the heater out of the cabinet being careful not to pull the wires loose from the connections. I had enough wire to just get the unit out and then I cut the zip tie that held the wire in the back corner. This gave me enough wire to move the heater around and remove the dead mouse stuck in the squirrel cage fan.
While I had it out I noticed that it was made to fit different applications by the various vents in the housing, I used aluminum duct tape to seal the holes properly and added additional insulation at the duct mounting area. This should help with the air lost at the unit going into the duct work.
Reassemble the unit in reverse order and remember to install the outside vent last, it's easier to align the small exhaust pipes this way.
The only tools I used was a screw gun and a pair of dikes to cut the zip tie.
This took about 10 minutes to complete to my surprise.

I hope this helps!!

Tags
blower vibrating, suburban furnace removal, furnace, wildcat