Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #1

2018 351-thss master bedroom TV bracket location

I am referring to comments in an old thread with this post, which while old, is still highly relevant to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
They must have changed it for 2018 mine has the tv backer sticker on the wall behind the doors
Here's the problem for my 2018 Puma - I have the sticker behind the doors. It didn't feel like there was any backer there, but based on a conversation with someone by email (I never was able to get a hold of anybody with a phone call, and I tried many times) conversation with Puma, the sticker should indicate where the backer is. Given that info, I drilled a pilot hole, and it went through like butter, no backer.

Instead of drilling a bunch of pilot holes, I ran a fiber optic light into the cavity from the other side where the TV is mounted for the living room, and I had previously cut a hole to route some wires.

On looking, I can clearly see where my drill bit went through, and there is zero evidence of a backer on that side.

If their intent was for me to use the living room TV backer, I would need to cut a square hole and recess the TV bracket into the wall. This doesn't seem right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J W View Post
Kristian thanks for all the help I called the factory and they told me it mounted from the ceiling they said they would send me a diagram and a mounting bracket. Thanks again for all the help JW
I would kill for this diagram and what mounting bracket they recommend.

When I pressed my contact at Puma further, he basically told me to "contact my selling dealer", who also wasn't very helpful .

I really don't want to go drilling random holes into the roof without having a proper plan.

I recently had the bright idea to look for videos of people in this model, and came across this one on Youtube, where you can clearly see (at timestamp 58).

Given the above referenced quotes, and my not finding a backer behind the doors, does it sound like I should try some sort of bracket where that sticker is in the referenced video?
novasbc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, cat, location, roo