Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #1

Anything equivalent to Puma 298fqu?

I have a 2011 Puma Unleashed 298fqu (purchased May 2010). We love this unit and have had many enjoyable trips in it, but as it is 10 years old it is getting to where it will require some expensive repairs. The biggest being repair of de-lamination along bottom of ramp door. If they still built the 298fqu I would definitely buy another. I am trying to find something equivalent to the 298fqu, i.e. around 30-33ft length and less than 13ft height. Much easier to get into the areas I take it. If I can't find anything, then I will spend the money to repair this one.
Anyone know of a currently available 5th wheel Toy Hauler meeting my requirements?
centaur820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:55 AM   #2

298fqu bu puma

i am pretty sure puma comes in a 32 ft now. 298fqu was quit being maid after 2016. i bought a 2016 1 of 9 made before they discontinued the production of them.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #3

Repaired 298fqu

I had a local body shop repair the ramp door and it is now stronger than original, and even looks better.
I replaced the converter (because a mouse built a nest on the old one causing it to overheat), installed a set of Goodyear Endurance load range E tires, and packed the wheel bearings.
Everything still works, looks decent, and it suits our needs, so we have decided to keep it.
May have the front cap painted with automotive grade clear-coat to match the repaired ramp door and prolong the fiberglass cap since it's still in good condition.
Thanks for the response.
centaur820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #4

298fqu buy puma

i have a post on getting access to left jack . under tips and tricks.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma