Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2022, 09:46 AM   #1

First trip

We took our 25’ Toyhauler Puma to Nashvilleand pick up a RZR we bought last week. It towed great but had a few issues which are expected with a new RV. A major issue was the door on the outside side paw kitchen would not stay closed. A bit scary headed down the hwy at 65 look out my passenger side view mirror to see the door flapping in thewind.
Main problem is the quality of metal bars that latch to keep door closed plus the screws are cheap as can be.
Anyone else have this issue ?
Jeffz111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #2

I can’t help with this but I’m sure someone will on the forum. I just wanted to,say welcome to the forum. A lot of good people here and plenty of information.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #3

Have you tried to adjust the latch? might solve your problem
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #4

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffz111 View Post
We took our 25’ Toyhauler Puma to Nashvilleand pick up a RZR we bought last week. It towed great but had a few issues which are expected with a new RV. A major issue was the door on the outside side paw kitchen would not stay closed. A bit scary headed down the hwy at 65 look out my passenger side view mirror to see the door flapping in thewind.
Main problem is the quality of metal bars that latch to keep door closed plus the screws are cheap as can be.
Mine popped open on the highway in a curve and knocked the side view mirror off an 18 wheeler.. that was a 500+ dollar fix.

As far as keeping it closed.. I'm still working on that.

Kurt
KurtB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtB View Post
Mine popped open on the highway in a curve and knocked the side view mirror off an 18 wheeler.. that was a 500+ dollar fix.

As far as keeping it closed.. I'm still working on that.

Kurt
WOW ! that must have ripped the kitchen door off also . Must be a big door to hit the side view mirror of an 18wheeler . you're surely lucky
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
WOW ! that must have ripped the kitchen door off also . Must be a big door to hit the side view mirror of an 18wheeler . you're surely lucky
Nope, just a tiny little dent in the frame.

I still get nervous that thing is going to fly open every time I get on the freeway.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Nope, just a tiny little dent in the frame.

I still get nervous that thing is going to fly open every time I get on the freeway.
Knocked off an 18wheelers mirror and only suffered a minor ding on your kitchen door . what's it made of titanium ?
Old 01-29-2022, 01:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Knocked off an 18wheelers mirror and only suffered a minor ding on your kitchen door . what's it made of titanium ?
Photos are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CTCO TRL.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	268290   Click image for larger version

Name:	CTCO Mirror.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	239.9 KB
ID:	268291  
Old 01-29-2022, 04:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Photos are attached.
Well that's not knocked off , That's a broken mirror . huge difference in fact not the same thing at all . now a picture of the damage to the door to bring all this into perspective.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Well that's not knocked off , That's a broken mirror . huge difference in fact not the same thing at all . now a picture of the damage to the door to bring all this into perspective.
Semantics.. My outdoor kitchen door popped open and damaged an 18 wheeler to the tune of $532.00 USD.

The damage to my kitchen door is barely noticeable... a very small indentation on the frame of the door.

Kurt
Old 02-09-2022, 07:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffz111 View Post
I just purchased the 25TSC and had the same issue. We had to duct tape the door closed and have not yet found a permanent solution.
AdventureDogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first trip