Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #1

New 351THSS came in!

Ordered this the last week in October and it finally came in! Took 2 weeks for us to get to the dealer to do a once over on it, but very happy with how it came out. Have the spring delivery date set for March 28 and can't wait to get it home and on the road.

Lighting really sucked so the pics didn't come out real good.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #2

Very nice, congrats!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:49 PM   #3

Nice. I like that front cap! Mine is just aluminum.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

That's nice! I love the aniversary editions color scheme! I wish that it would have been available back when we got our puma.
Happy camping!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #5

Nice, I'm trying to find height from floor to bottom of bed. I have a ranger crew im looking to garageand this ones seems nice and in price range. The length works too!
Arkguy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkguy29 View Post
Nice, I'm trying to find height from floor to bottom of bed. I have a ranger crew im looking to garageand this ones seems nice and in price range. The length works too!
69" from floor to the bottom of bed in mine.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #7

Finally brought it home today! Well, first we took it to Cabelas. Can't wait to get it stocked up and get out.

2016 Nights camped 5
Old 03-28-2015, 05:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
Finally brought it home today! Well, first we took it to Cabelas. Can't wait to get it stocked up and get out.

Good looking setup. We're waiting on our puma 298fqu, it's the smallest 5th wheel toyhauler in the puma line. Happy camping.
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #9

Have done some messing with the trailer prior to our first trip coming up the 24th. Did the Progressive hardwire EMS install yesterday. Mounted the unit in the wasted cabinet space where the water and electric come in, much easier to work there than behind the breaker panel/ converter. Also gave the ability to hide the display behind the cabinet door, so if someone sleeps on the dinette they don't have it flashing at them all night. Ran out of nuts for mounting, so its not quite square yet. Had to recess the display due to limited room.

Also continued building the bike rack for the garage. Goal is to be able to get 8 bikes and 2 kayaks in there along with all the other necessities. Would like to get one made from aluminum at some point, but this will do for now.

I also took the transition between the rear door and ground off, it looks nice, but does not play well with the zip screen and power beds. The screen was going to loose. We'll only have bicycles and foot traffic so I'm not too concerned about damaging the seal.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 04-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Have done some messing with the trailer prior to our first trip coming up the 24th. Did the Progressive hardwire EMS install yesterday. Mounted the unit in the wasted cabinet space where the water and electric come in, much easier to work there than behind the breaker panel/ converter. Also gave the ability to hide the display behind the cabinet door, so if someone sleeps on the dinette they don't have it flashing at them all night. Ran out of nuts for mounting, so its not quite square yet. Had to recess the display due to limited room.

Looks nice. That's where I put mine, I just have not cut a hole in the panel and mounted it yet. It's on the "to do" list.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:01 PM   #11

Congrats. I too just got my anniversary 351 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately our maiden voyage ended short due to river flooding and having to evacuate. Fortunately no damage or anything.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls Toy Hauler View Post
Congrats. I too just got my anniversary 351 a few weeks ago. Unfortunately our maiden voyage ended short due to river flooding and having to evacuate. Fortunately no damage or anything.
Alls well that ends well. Enjoy your new unit. We're heading out again this weekend with ours, finally. Our first trip out was the lone weekend in late April here that was cold. Got down to 27 at night, didn't even take firewood. Got to try out most everything on the inside though! Took this pic and grilled dinner, then headed back inside.

I've been fooling around and modifying the unit the past few weeks, so far I've removed the transition from the ramp door to the ground since it, the zip screen and power bunks didn't all get along that well, and the zip screen was going to lose the battle. Also the Progressive EMS I posted on the other page, along with a few others............

Added a battery cutoff switch so the battery doesn't go dead every two weeks unless I keep it plugged in.

Also relocated the license plate, hated how much it hung down and looked like an afterthought. Cut the tabs off the light and installed a full red lens. Added a tag light after the pic was taken.

Removed all the dealer and other excess stickers also. Have OldCoots awning hold down kit and an Oxygenics shower head to go on too. Need to get it out so I stop modifying it.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 06-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #13

I thought the location of the license plate was a kind of a stupid place too. I'll be placing mine around about the same place as yours.

Your battery is going dead every two weeks? are you running something while unhooked from shore power?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls Toy Hauler View Post
Your battery is going dead every two weeks? are you running something while unhooked from shore power?
The propane detector is always going and the radio goes to more of a standby mode than off. Far as I know nothing else is on.

I got the tag light mounted and working, I used a low profile LED on the left side and it's ability to light the plate is pretty bad. Going to try a standard height Trucklite LED with the same bolt pattern.

Was out this weekend, hoping my inner cheapskate didn't get the best of me as I only spec'd the trailer with a 30A service. I did get the 15K A/C, but it doesn't seem to do very good and it wasn't even hot. They did not even put a roof vent in the garage that I could run a separate service up to. Going to try it in the driveway this week and see if I can get it cold. It's going to the dealer this weekend to get some minor issues worked out, if the driveway test doesn't go well I guess I'll be getting my CC out...........If there is a solution.

Kind of wish I had a salesman that didn't get canned right after I ordered, that may have advised about the benefits of 50A and made it clear that 2 A/C's really may be necessary.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 07-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #15

[QUOTE=ferguson65;833754]Did the Progressive hardwire EMS install yesterday.

QUOTE]

What is this? I don't think I know. Thanks.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #16

Paul, that's the remote display for the Progressive EMS hardwire surge protector. I mounted it in the dead space at the bottom of the pantry where the city water and electric come in. I cut a hole in the panel and mounted the display behind it. It scrolls constantly when plugged in, so I hid it behind the pantry door that way should someone sleep on the dinette they don't have to watch it go all night.

If you're not familiar with the unit google it. Very highly regarded unit manufactured in the USA, protests against a lot of shore power issues along with surges. I actually just bought another one as the trailer is getting converted to 50A this week and the second A/C unit is being installed also.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 07-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #17

While we are on the topic of 50amp and dual AC units, can I ask a dumb question? When our unit is at home I have it plugged up to the house via a 25' normal outside use grounded extension cord. (ours is a 50amp w/dual AC units). Can I run 1 of the AC units while plugged up to the house? The house would be considered 15 amp service I 'ASSUME'??? I have the extension cord plugged into the garage which is on a 30amp breaker.
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post
While we are on the topic of 50amp and dual AC units, can I ask a dumb question? When our unit is at home I have it plugged up to the house via a 25' normal outside use grounded extension cord. (ours is a 50amp w/dual AC units). Can I run 1 of the AC units while plugged up to the house? The house would be considered 15 amp service I 'ASSUME'??? I have the extension cord plugged into the garage which is on a 30amp breaker.
I think the A/C will trip the house breaker. Or the "typical" extension cord will be the weak link. Don't think I would try it. I had a 30A outlet installed on the house near the trailer. Debated doing a 50A, but the run of 6 GA wire from one side of the house to the other along with routing from the basement to the attic and then back down the garage wall would have been a total pain. I really have no need to run both a/c units at home, so I forsee no issue.

I had been keeping ours plugged in until I installed the battery disconnect, now I just turn the switch off and leave it unplugged. Night before we leave I'll plug in and get the fridge cold on electric.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #19

Quote:
I think the A/C will trip the house breaker. Or the "typical" extension cord will be the weak link. Don't think I would try it. I had a 30A outlet installed on the house near the trailer. Debated doing a 50A, but the run of 6 GA wire from one side of the house to the other along with routing from the basement to the attic and then back down the garage wall would have been a total pain. I really have no need to run both a/c units at home, so I forsee no issue.

I had been keeping ours plugged in until I installed the battery disconnect, now I just turn the switch off and leave it unplugged. Night before we leave I'll plug in and get the fridge cold on electric.
Thank you! I am parked close enough to the house to only need a 25' extension cord for shore power and the only time it would be nice to run 1 of the 2 AC units is times like now when I am messing with televisions in the 351 and it is 90* outside with 90% humidity. LOL Alabama is a great place to live, but damn the humidity!!!
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:13 AM   #20

I adapt my heavy cord down to the NEMA 15 typical house type plug. I only have one air conditioner but fan run it plus the frige and converter without tripping a breaker. Any more devices and it probably would. If that outlet is served by a 15 amp, you should swap for a 20 amp.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote