Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #1

picked the new trailer up.

We picked our new 3800th up Friday after the dealer put new mounting rails in as the ones they originally put in were the wrong rails.They had to drill new holes in the bed of the truck but they did a good job of patching the old holes and the bed liner looks good.we drive a Ram 3500 6.7 deisel and it pulls the trailer with no problems and stops good. It rained for two days after we got it home and we have no leaks so far.I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it.
mark wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #2

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #3

here we go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140905_145914_034.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	62360   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140905_133945_916.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	62361  
Old 09-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #4

Nice looking combo, congrats.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Incheon, S. Korea

I though you had 3,799 trailers before this one! LOL
Congrats!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #6

Lookin' good!!!!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #7

Hey Mark you might keep an eye on spare tire under the trailer, mine drug the ground a couple time so I had to put it in the back of the truck before it got knocked off and came up missing.
Glad it all worked out this time for you.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #8

thanks for the info Mud I will Keep an I on it. I could mount a tire rack in the truck for it if I need too. I noticed after the trip home that my Happy Jack bed had lowered itself about half way. Have you had any trouble with yours.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #9

No problems with my Happijac so far. I did ride out a rain storm last Saturday for 3 hours we got 4.5"s. Had one minor water leak in garage in the corner at to of the ramp. Found a place on the back were the factory didnt put caulking on the expanded aluminum. I also installed a hard wired 50 amp Progressive surge protector to give me a little piece of mind in these heavy storms. I keep my rig plugged in all the time even at home. At home I have 50 amp and water hook up on my power pole. I wanted to ask what your tow truck is?
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 09-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #10

We took the trailer out this weekend and dry camped we ran the generator for two days and it performed well. Every thing worked except the 12 volt charging station and it was wired wrong I had too swap the polarity on both the usb ports and the 12 volt socket. one screen fell out of a window but it was an easy fix and I had two fix one of the window opening mechanisms out side of these small things we are really happy with the trailer. the six point leveling system is also impressive. One thing to watch out for on the new frame-less windows is that they may be stuck shut and the window opener will try and destroy itself trying to open the window. The question was asked what my tow vehicle is it is a 3500 Ram 6.7L and it pulls the trailer with no problems.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
Hey Mark you might keep an eye on spare tire under the trailer, mine drug the ground a couple time so I had to put it in the back of the truck before it got knocked off and came up missing.
Glad it all worked out this time for you.

This also happened to us. Every time we stopped for fuel, I would crank up the spare. Took it in to fix the slides and the spare fell off in the dealer's lot! They installed a new frame under the trailer, but it didn't hold and the spare came off at a rest stop. We were lucky not to lose it on the road, but fellow travelers were even luckier that we didn't lose it on the road. Could have been a very bad thing....
TheGreatHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #12

Hey Great HA. I just went out and looked at the spare tire it is still up against the bracket and tight. You might try down loading the Lipert master manual for Lipert parts it describes how to adjust your slides and how to operate them manually in a emergency. I have not had any trouble with the slides yet but We Keep coming up with little things like the shower surround being cracked in two places and the faucet handle fixture in the shower is on up side down. We looked at a lot of trailers before we bought and it does seem like there is no Quality control in the RV industry. We will put the warranty to the test. They need to replace the rubber roof one refrigerator door and the shower surround. I am taking it in to the dealer this weekend and they will probably have it all winter.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark wyoming View Post
Hey Great HA. I just went out and looked at the spare tire it is still up against the bracket and tight. You might try down loading the Lipert master manual for Lipert parts it describes how to adjust your slides and how to operate them manually in a emergency. I have not had any trouble with the slides yet but We Keep coming up with little things like the shower surround being cracked in two places and the faucet handle fixture in the shower is on up side down. We looked at a lot of trailers before we bought and it does seem like there is no Quality control in the RV industry. We will put the warranty to the test. They need to replace the rubber roof one refrigerator door and the shower surround. I am taking it in to the dealer this weekend and they will probably have it all winter.
What is wrong with your rubber roof??? When I got mine home I went up on our roof to look at it and it was stained and real dirty so I cleaned it. I'm not to impressed with the way our white rubber roof looks with the stains after cleaning it either. I went ahead and put UV protectant on it after I cleaned it also. I guess a stained white roof won't hurt anything but I was still disappointed with the looks of it being so stained. Sorry to hear about your shower, I had to put some silicone around the glass shower incloser on ours I guess the factory forgot to seal it.
like you said there is a lack of quality control at the factory. I have fixed alot of small things they had over looked.
Oh with the sticking windows and sticking roof vents. Mine were sticking also I got them opened and applied some of the stuff for the slide out seals to the window seals and roof vent seals and no more sticking issues. I'm sure you could use some armore all on them also to keep the seals from sticking. I had ordered a gallon of 303 Airospace protectant and just got it in the mail yesturday so I'll be using that stuff on our rig and see how it does. I'm going to put it on the decals also. Took me 3 days to wax this thing, what a task. LOL
I still like my Palomino and I have all the issues with it pretty much taken care of I think anyway. Yesturday I sealed all the way around the underbelly of the rig. Took 4 tubes of black silicone. I do want to take the panel off the inside of the storage compartment and see if any insulating or sealing is needed in there. I don't like how cold it was in the storage compartment this summer like there was an A/C vent blowing in there keeping it cold.
I don't mind tinkering with it though I gives me something to play with and make it better. Let me know how the repairs to your rig go.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #14

my roof has bubbles in it where the membrane did not stick to the sub roof. I know that Forest River says that some bubbles are ordinary but it looks like the whole right side of the roof did not stick along the edge of the trailer with smaller bubbles out towards the middle of the roof. The Dealer looked at it and did not argue with us at all. we took it up to the Dealer to day and they took pictures of every thing we had on our list and told us not to worry and that things would be fixed.

Tags
trailer