Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #1

Puma 27QBC

Sooooo this is my 2019 trailer..
Anyone else noticing the front nose cover being pushed in by the wind as you travel down the road (gets worse in higher wind or speeds) and the walls expanding to the point you can no longer see down the sides of the trailer like a big balloon?!
Well, mine did that until some air got behind the siding and then ripped 2 panels off the side of my trailer, the other side is doing the same thing!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_193038.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	206411  
RzrRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #2

I've got the same trailer... Taken out a handful of times and I've never had issues like that. Have you contacted Palomino or the dealership you bought it from? That's obviously a structural issue that they need to take care of. Sorry for that headache.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:45 AM   #3

Insurance company adjuster says it's clearly a warranty issue and will not cover it.
The dealership I bought it from suggested I take it to a authorized forest river dealership and gave me 2 contacts.

The first contact refused to do any warranty work from another dealership.

The second one said ok, but warned me up front that dealerships don't like to do warranty work from other dealers because they don't get paid back in a timely manner. He said it was going to be 6-7 months before they even looked at it due to peak camping season.

Then he told me I would have to pay for any and all repairs up front, then submit it to forest river warranty department for review, this way the dealership gets 100% paid.

After telling this to the dealership I purchased it from then told me to bring it to them and they will "look at it."

I then contacted my insurance company to notify them of the new plan because I remember the adjuster saying he would not recommend towing my trailer because of the structural instability and I would NOT be covered in a accident..
Now I'm waiting on a phone call from the dealership to figure out how to get my trailer to the dealership.

Good times,good times.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #4

I'm so sorry- this shouldn't have this much damage on a 2019. Have you tried contacting where it was built and see if they will come and get it and repair or give you another one?

TT: Purchased @2/1/19 Wildwood X Lite 230BHXL
Irobutterfly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Why do dealerships ALWAYS try and pawn off issues to other people? I've been lucky with the dealership I go through to go above and beyond when I run into issues. That could have been a lawsuit if your siding had hit another vehicle and caused some kind of accident.

I'm always amazed when you spend that type of money, have an issue as big as that and get the run around from everyone. Hopefully you can get it fixed fast so you can enjoy your camping season!!
Old 06-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #6

Have someone watch the sides of your trailer in the mirror or just simply push lightly against the front nose cone and watch the sides expand..

What happened to mine is the "flex" of this caused the cheap staples they use to hold down the siding to wear through and it basically destroyed itself mile after mile.

It's a great trailer as long you never use the "trailer" part of it??

By the way, I towed the trailer 4 times since purchase.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:12 AM   #7

Just to make this clear, I have not reached the Forest River warranty department part of my story.. I'm still at the dealership I bought it from "We will look at it." Stage..

I'm a bit frustrated and I can see this leading to a lawsuit unless I get something done.

2019 that I have used a handful of times and it's literally falling apart..
Old 06-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #8

Keep us updated. I'm interested to find out how they take care of it. Good Luck!!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #9

Update:

Today I recieved this email and a phone call from the purchasing dealership about the email.

I have been contacted by your dealer regarding the siding. Where specifically is the trailer presently? Can you please give me a call?

Thank you,

Brad

Brad X XXXXX

PUMA XLE Warranty and Parts

Plant 425...

After speaking with him he wants to get me squared away as soon as possible to get my trailer to a repair facility. 🤞🤞
Old 06-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #10

Exclamation UPDATE

My experience dealing with the Puma division of Forest River has been nothing short of AMAZING.
From day one they have assured me they will take care of this issue and they have.
They sent a full repair crew up from Indian to Rhinelander Wisconsin (9 hr drive) to repair my trailer back to quality control specs and my 100% satisfaction.
The work crew arrived last night around 8pm , did a quick evaluation of my trailer and then said they would return in the morning ready to make the necessary repairs..
They returned at 7:30 AM and began the repairs.
After several hours Roman (Puma division plant manager and head of the repair crew). Told me he had done everything he could with what he had with but was not satisfied with the repairs himself, he just simply did not have the supplies or tools he needed. So he informed me that they would like to have my trailer transported back to the factory for a 100% repair and are currently working on getting a transport scheduled for next Monday..
All I can say is WOW, you can't get any better service then this.
Puma is really making an effort to provide excellent customer service for everyone, They are evening going to reach out to the dealer network they have to broker more efficient communication when customers need them.
I have been in regular contact with the assistant plant manager and head of warranties and they have both been very responsive and best of all GREAT people!
Old 06-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #11

Awesome for you. I have the same trailer but I optioned for the fiberglass front. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3383.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	416.8 KB
ID:	206639

So I can not attest to what you are experiencing. I’m glad Puma has stepped up. The factory guys are great. I’m sure like in the past they will check it out stem to stern and fix anything that looks awry.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:31 PM   #12

UPDATE

They sent a transporter out and picked up my trailer last Monday 06/10/19.

I haven't heard or asked about my trailer since they picked it up, When I hear about it's progression I'll update again.

Have a great day everyone !
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #13

That’s great to hear. I am sure you will be greatly satisfied when you get your rig back.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma