Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2016, 07:22 PM   #1

Puma Unleashed 356-qlb

So I have a question about wiring in a permanent generator. I found the generator tie in box in the front storage compartment. After I wire the generator into that box am I done? I removed the inverter/fuse panel and found this junction box pictured below. Is this my transfer switch? Any additional information would be great. Thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461975735.276655.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	106465
Mojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #2

That should be it. On our Puma Unleashed after 2 min. the transfer switch will transfer to generator power.
drc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:54 AM   #3

It should work I guess nothing left to do but try. Thanks for the info
Old 04-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #4

I have to point out that there is no transfer switch in that box. Do you have one installed somewhere else?
Old 04-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #5

No I just saw that's where the shore power and generator lines tie into the breaker panel. So I assumed I could hook up my generator and it would work. Please advise
Old 04-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #6

You should have a electrical box in your front storage area near generator. The wire should then go to a box mounted on the back of breaker box, that should be the transfer switch. It has a two min delay when generator is running. The picture looks like ours on on our Puma. Wire up to the box near gen and unplug the RV and power up the gen check outlets for proper polarity. Remember delay time. If works correctly enjoy camping. Ours is set up when on shore power and then you power gen it will transfer to gen power even if plugged in. The delay gives gen time to stabilize. I installed our generator so I did trace all wiring to make sure proper setup from factory.
drc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #7

Perfect I'll try it. Thank you

Tags
puma