Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #41

Anyone know if there is a way to turn lower bunk in garage into a couch/bed conversion?
SA100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #42

has anyone mounted a tv on the wall in the garage area that say tv bracket on wall? I'm assuming I can drill in to that location and hang my bracket for the tv
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #43

FandR - I plan to mount a tv in the garage soon. We upgraded the front TV to a 32" thanks to killer black friday deals and I will be moving the 24" TV to the garage (and use for outside when needed). Like you I assume there is a solid bracket or frame where marked in the garage that we can just screw to. My RV came with a 2nd TV bracket but they didnt give me the part of the bracket that actually mounts to the mall.
ncamilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncamilli View Post
FandR - I plan to mount a tv in the garage soon. We upgraded the front TV to a 32" thanks to killer black friday deals and I will be moving the 24" TV to the garage (and use for outside when needed). Like you I assume there is a solid bracket or frame where marked in the garage that we can just screw to. My RV came with a 2nd TV bracket but they didnt give me the part of the bracket that actually mounts to the mall.
I would assume that the extra flat bracket was for mounting to the outside wall. Ours came with a 32" TV which is as big as will fit in the entertainment center opening. With the main swing arm bracket I was not comfortable with the 32" on the outside bracket. To much give. We used it but kept it against the trailer wall. No issues.
I mounted a small 19" in the garage area with a smaller swing arm bracket can't remember where I bought it. It would appear that there is a piece of plywood to mount to behind the paneling. Where the TV mount sticker is. I tried to make sure it was on a stud as well. I have the 356 QLB but it should be real similar to the 351.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #45

That is Sweet!
gledav46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #46

I just mounted mine just below the sticker with no problem.
gledav46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #47

cabinets

i am also curious about the exact size and location of the mounting plywood in the wall because i wanted to hang something like this.

Toy Hauler Trailer Auto Garage Shop Tool Chest Organizer Storage Wall Cabinet | eBay

I am also interested in other peoples mods to this camper.
roachnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #48

You guys are just amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
cwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #49

Hopefully in a good way?
roachnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roachnelson View Post
Hopefully in a good way?
;》
cwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjones1969 View Post
I was skeptical at first, the frame is aluminum and doesn't appear to be flexing when two of us are out on it, the cables aren't like guitar string tight either under load, I will be keeping an eye on the attachments and swages on the cables for any sign of failure.
It has been a while since you made the patio modification how is it holding up?
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #52

Fuel station installation

We just bought a Puma Unleashed 27SBU that has the setup for a fuel station. We saw another unit with the fuel station installed and thought how great that would be to haul our bike in our TH and use the fuel station to gas up the bike for a ride once we arrived at our destination. Does anyone use their fuel station? Would it be worth the hassle and $ to have one installed?
JonNDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonNDee View Post
We just bought a Puma Unleashed 27SBU that has the setup for a fuel station. We saw another unit with the fuel station installed and thought how great that would be to haul our bike in our TH and use the fuel station to gas up the bike for a ride once we arrived at our destination. Does anyone use their fuel station? Would it be worth the hassle and $ to have one installed?
You might want to start your own thread to get more responses.

But If it does not have one already have one it may be rather pricey to get one installed. Its like anything if you you would use it a lot it may be worth it if you would use the fuel station once a year it would not. We haul an electric golf car so we ordered our TH without one. But those with 4 wheelers, dirt bikes etc. probably would use it.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #54

I have one and only use it a few times a season, when dry camping. It's nice to have but I agree with Oaklevel, in my case i dont think it would have been cost effect to add if my unit didnt come with it.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #55

I just picked up a 373 qsi. haven't camped in it, but have been doing minor mods here and there. I had the dealer install a 5.5 Onan, and a black tank wash (couldn't believe a 5th wheel toy hauler didn't have either one!). I installed E-track, since I wasn't happy with the tie downs. 2 small screw in 3/4 decking wasn't going to keep my 860 lb quad in place. I have 4 5 foot etracks on the floor, with 2 24 inch e-tracks at the front of the garage. I put two tire mounts (for motorcycles) in place to accept the quad front tires. Works perfectly. Now with 1.5 inch screws every 3 inches, those things are DOWN. I also added some aluminum diamond plate to the wall on the opposite site, and put in vertical 24 inch e-track, to hold the folding table, and lawn chairs.
I added the Tattletale alarm system. All doors, have sensors, and a motion sensor/master in the main cabin. We will keep it on solar and a inverter to keep it hot.
This is a hunting rig and we stay out boondocking for a 30 day stretch, plus cross country travel all summer.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #56

My biggest concern right now, is the lack of 12 volt plugs inside. For a toy hauler this thing just doesn't seem primarily set up for boon-docking. The generator was even an option. If I was going to stay plugged in to shore power, I wouldn't be in a toy hauler.
Anyway, I am looking for weight capacity of the battery compartment. I am planning on putting two 6 volt 235 amp Golf cart deep cycle batteries in it, and replace them soon with two 400 amp 6 volt batteries that weigh 123 pound each. That about equals the generator on the other side of the front storage. At the same time, I need to drill upward to put two 12 volt plugs in the bedroom, and later run some 12 volt plugs into the kitchen counter area, and into the garage. finally, comes solar, which will entail a couple of panels on top, and a couple on the sides, which will have a means to raise and lower for angling to the sun.
I did finish the work to install E-track on the deck of the garage. Works perfectly. I also added E-track to one side to tie down flat stuff like the gravity chairs, and folding tables.
The quad is nosed into two motorcycle tire brackets, that are attached to the E-track. Ratchet straps tie this beast down, SOLID. Everything is either screwed to the decking, every 3 inches, or to a wall stud, through a top-mounted backer board that is glued and affixed to the wall stud. Extremely solid. I will post pictures later.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:55 PM   #57

Fuel station. I use mine to fuel the generator. It sips from that same tank. I drive a quad vehicle around the forest when camping, so need to be able to fuel without having to lift a 5 gallon gas can, spilling contents all over about half the time. The truck (Diesel) has an Aux tank that auto-fills the truck tank.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #58

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aims 3000 watt inverter.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	154480

Name:	Battery Bank.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	154481

Name:	Control remotes.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	154482

Name:	full tilt solar array.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	154483
Recent mods: 4 175 watt panels, 3000 watt inverter, 4 220 Amp 6 v batteries.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #59

motorcycle and golf cart tire mounts / tie downs

Hankpac, great pics and info. Would love to see the tire mount setup you have installed as well as pics of the E track you have installed.

I'm looking for the best way to secure 3-4 dirt bikes ranging from 100-400cc and be able to convert to haul my golf cart instead on other trips.

Anyone out there that can share pics and ideas would be appreciated. I don't like the idea of using the factory rings in the floor for either scenario.

thanks
heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #60

Puma Unleashed modifications

Look at National Tool, on line, and look for E-track and E-track accessories (sound like Hank Hill). The tire chocks are there as well as the Etrack. Just screw the tracks in place, and bingo. The tire chocks clip in like all the other accessories.
I have a lot of stuff in there using the tracks, so it is hard to actually photograph them, but I have to go out tomorrow, so I will make an attempt.