Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

Repairing loading door?

I have found that the rear loading door has water damage due to a leak. Has anyone had this problem and how was it rectified? Thanks for the input. MTG
MTGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #2

Has anyone had delamination or tearing of plywood near the hinges, bolts to secure hinges or anything of this nature? How do you go about repairing this problem? MTG
Old 06-08-2017, 05:33 PM   #3

Toyhauler ramp...

OK all, I removed my ramp from my 27SBU to repair the damage. I removed the exterior channels and to my surprise there was more damage than first thought as the aluminum bracing where the hinges mount, two 1" square tubing, were broken both ends. There was water damage to the extremely thin plywood deck. This I cut back 11" to expose any and all damage? Have taken the framework to a local machine shop to be TIG welded. The original TIG welds were deplorable shoddy work. I will replaced the bottom plywood with 1/8" sheet aluminum, refasten the channels, then will sandwich the hinge area with 1/8" diamond plate inside and out. This may seem to be exreme but will not have more ramp issues in the future. MTG

Tags
door, repair