Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Towed View Post
Can you add one of those lift-gate style motorcycle lifts to the back of a 5th wheel?
Perhaps too much weight but i did see a 5th wheel with a golf cart on the back with one of those so maybe if your frame is beefy enough and you can afford that much weight in the back it might work?
I talked to the frame manufacturer for Heartland and he said they would not recommend it. I too thought about that option. I thought it would work until talking to them. They had me and my wife both worried about the frame and the damage it could do, not to mention the safety issues. It wasn't a liability we wanted to take on on such a long trip.
weekendgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #22

I love my puma toy hauler. Works great for us. If we decide to stop and cruise around the area I just find a mall or big box store park pull bike out see the town, bring it back load it and move on. Type of trailer you pick all depends on how you RV/camp. I know some people get a toy hauler without having any toys because the back section is an open canvas. Good luck on decision.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendgypsy View Post
I plan on taking 6 weeks this spring leaving Kentucky and heading south following the the coast from Mobile Alabama, down the West side of Florida, back up the east coast and then coming back across North Carolina back to Kentucky. Depending on how far we travel point to point the toy hauler maybe empty as I ride and my wife drives (depending on weather). This is something we have both been looking forward to doing. My wife was sceptical about the toy hauler until she actually got to see it this afternoon. Since then she has come up with ways to convert the garage into a family room with a patio. Now she's ready to go pick it up and start putting her touch on it.
Best of luck in your decision and your trip. Sounds wonderful! One of the reasons Toy Haulers are gaining in popularity is their versatility. I've read posts from people using them for everything from Sand rails and Dune Buggies out west, Motorcycles all over the country, Golf Carts (such as myself) and ATV's and side by sides, Dog crates for dog shows, Antiques and Work shops for mobile crafts and skilled craftsmanship. The list goes on and on.

Mines a golf cart garage with plenty of additional space for whatever I want to add in (Kayaks, the big Grill, whatever) during travel and a comfortable double couch picnic table for meals for 6, some hellacious Euchre and board games and ton of laughs and memories!

Oh, and then when we get tired, it turns into two extra long queen beds to sleep up to 4 if we need to ;-)