Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #1

What vent fan in a 2013 27sbu?

I recently purchased a 2013 puma unleashed 27 sbu. I know the cover for the bathroom vent fan is cracked. The trailer is still in storage about 2 hours away, so i am asking if anyone can share what model fan would be in this unit? I would like to get a new cover for the fan, but dont want to order the wrong one.
Aladin Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Just take the old cover into Camping World. They have a collection to match it to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:44 PM   #3

I don't have easy access to the original just now. That is why I am asking.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:08 PM   #4

I would say that your safest bet would be to wait until you can access it to check. It seems like from many threads I have read here there isn't necessarily a standard brand or model for many of the appliances and accessories that go into any RV. It can vary by trim level, parts availability at the time of manufacture, mid year model change, etc.

It's also possible with a used model that the original may have been replaced with something else.
smkauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #5

OK, I was hoping to get something ready to install as soon as I picked the camper up. It has been inside since the PO cracked the dome. I don't have inside storage set up yet and the camper will have to sit outside until I do. I guess I will have to rig up some tarping over the hole until I get a replacement bought. I was hoping to avoid that.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #6

There are only three styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin Sane View Post
I recently purchased a 2013 puma unleashed 27 sbu. I know the cover for the bathroom vent fan is cracked. The trailer is still in storage about 2 hours away, so i am asking if anyone can share what model fan would be in this unit? I would like to get a new cover for the fan, but dont want to order the wrong one.
There are only three styles. One isn't used much anymore. Yours is probably the 14" square one. But if you're really stumped, order one of each from Amazon and send back the other two.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:51 AM   #7

It was my understanding that there were a couple of different hinge styles on the 14" dome. At this point, I think I will just wait until I can look at the unit directly and then order. Thanks all the same.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin Sane View Post
OK, I was hoping to get something ready to install as soon as I picked the camper up. It has been inside since the PO cracked the dome. I don't have inside storage set up yet and the camper will have to sit outside until I do. I guess I will have to rig up some tarping over the hole until I get a replacement bought. I was hoping to avoid that.
Just buy a MaxxAir2 cover now and install it,you should have one anyway! Then your "Hole" will be covered while you find the correct Lid for your vent! Pull 2 r-pins and hinge the MaxxAir over for your Lid install! You can thank me later! Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #9

Some family business took me to the vacinity of the camper, so i stopped by and took a picture of the model tag. In case anyone is interested, it was Heng's model 122112. I have a replacement lid ordered.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #10

So I already had the max air hood over that vent. When I replaced the old dome, I had never seen a piece of plastic so brittle from oxidation and uv damage. You could literally turn a chunk to dust be squeezing it in your fist.

While I was on the roof, I dicored any seams that had not yet been eternabonded by the previous owner. I should be good roof wise for the season.
Aladin Sane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, fan, vent