Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2017, 04:45 AM   #1

'14 wildwood 26bhxl leaks when h2o is on

I'm the second owner of a 2014 26 foot Wildwood
Bumper pull camper... it's good for one oerson.. I'm 6 foot 4 & the trailer 6 ft 6 so little short in here. Anyway I'm a novice newcomer virgin when it comes to campers. So heres my prob....
I've used the camper for 6 months straight ...let my brother borrow it for a month or two ....and now I'm back in it......

So I , pulling into the the Rv "Resort", Park unload and get situated.. I hook up the water line to the RV camping whatever you call it. Turn the water on from the hose bib at the RV Resort go inside make sure everything is working properly everything's good 20 minutes later I go outside and hear water dripping.....
So Waters coming from like an overflow bib/pex line...from underneath the trailer.
There's a slit in the lining and theres 2 half-inch PEX hose is coming out one with a shut-off on the end of it. and the other is the one which is dripping.....
I'm hooked to freshwater straight from the hose bib at the RV Resort to the side of the RV.....
I didn't fill up the holding tank freshwater tank or anything like that
No my water pump isnt on.

Sorry so long.... any suggestions
Kcoug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:56 AM   #2

I think your talking about your low point drains. Being you bought it used, the one drain line might have been changed to a different valve. I think you should have only a black cap valve on them, if different on one it's been changed. Just cut the leaking one off and install another valve with a shark tooth adaptor, easy to do, get the parts at ace or improvement store.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 AM   #3

Yes,it would be an easy fix.... but its not the low point drains... they are on the side of trailer....
These 2 lines are located in the center of the trailer about 6 ft from rear bumper.
I've seen it drain before,like this when I have overfilled the fresh water holding tank ...
Kcoug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcoug512 View Post
Yes,it would be an easy fix.... but its not the low point drains... they are on the side of trailer....
These 2 lines are located in the center of the trailer about 6 ft from rear bumper.
I've seen it drain before,like this when I have overfilled the fresh water holding tank ...
Okay, then the one without the valve is your overflow for the FW, the other is your drain, from what you posted, check your water pump, the valve is stuck, when you use city water it will fill the tank without the pump being on. Just disconnect the water line, and use the pump, most of the time it clears, pretty common problem. Hope that's it, that's all I can think of.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #5
Carknocker Family

X2 on what Witchdoctor said, check valve stuck
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, wildwood