Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 PM   #1
"And it was Good"

17FQ Clipper shower walls

I was wondering if any of you owners that have the 17FQ with no shower wall enclosure covering have any issues. I have a 2014 with the shower that has the same walls as in the rest of the unit.
My questions: How often have you used it?
Do you have any issues with the walls because of the water?

I haven't used my shower yet (Always camp where showers are available ) , but thinking of covering the walls with FRP because we will be boondocking for about 3 weeks. Most of the new ones have the enclosure in it that I have seen.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:21 AM   #2

Shower surround

I am so new to this forum that I haven't even taken delivery of our 2017 Viking 17FQ. But my previous Jayco came without a shower surround, and that really worried me, so I added my own. You can get anything on Amazon, including lightweight RV shower surrounds. But watch out for the size since they come in different sizes. It will need trimming with a knife or scissors, as mine took a few "fittings" to get it right before I fastened it in place. The water fittings are easy to undo and reinstall when done. And before fastening the surround to the walls, I added copious amounts of silicone in the corners and cracks, just in case. I used plastic expanding anchors, but I see the factory simply used white screws in my new 17FQ. Did I mention color choices? My new shower is white, and my old one was parchment color. Remember that the colored plastic water fittings ought to match the shower and can be replaced while you have things apart. Good luck with yours.
Homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:08 AM   #3
"And it was Good"

I was thinking on using FRP, shower panel glue and silicone. Can't figure how to remove shower/tub valve yet.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
"And it was Good"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OI812 View Post
I was thinking on using FRP, shower panel glue and silicone. Can't figure how to remove shower/tub valve yet.
All done.......

From this.....

To this.....

Now waiting for the new shower head.

Tags
show, shower