Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #1

2016 Cedar Creek Cottage 40cck plumbing

After blowing the water lines out and draining the low point drains last fall to winterize the camper I am experiencing an issue with the plumbing this spring. I reversed the valves at the hot water heater and turned on the water, nothing for several minutes and no water at any faucet. Outside and located mid-coach on the rear of the RV just in front of the axles there is a blue water line with a valve and a white hose without a valve. When I turn on the water nothing comes out anywhere with the exception being the white hose. What is this and what has happened and what do I need to do. Nothing seems to be accessible where these lines exit the under belly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	102292  
Gcaughron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:32 AM   #2

By chance do the Cottage trailers have a fresh water tank, I would look for a pump switch. Possible that if they do you filled the tank and that is the drain for it. I do not know if they have fresh tanks so this is just a thought. Good luck and keep us posted.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 AM   #3

Cottage units have a Bigger? size W/H so it will take time to Fill it before the system shows water at all outlets! Now about the White hose,could be a FWT drain/overflow? Like said above,turn on Pump,turn off supply water,after a while? is there Air/Water coming out of the faucet's? Has the Water Stopped running out of the White Hose? This is a start! Youroo!! US flag on 2nd line?
Old 03-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #4

Ahh ha, thanks to both dblr and youroo. Obviously I'm not too old to make a rookie mistake and your responses turned my attention to where I hooked up the city water supply. I had hooked to the fresh water inlet instead of the city supply inlet. The white line was the over flow of the fresh water tank. The Cottage has 1- fresh water tank, 1- black and 3-grey water tanks. After hooking up correctly and charging the lines, all is well and running smoothly. Thanks forum.
Gcaughron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcaughron View Post
Ahh ha, thanks to both dblr and youroo. Obviously I'm not too old to make a rookie mistake and your responses turned my attention to where I hooked up the city water supply. I had hooked to the fresh water inlet instead of the city supply inlet. The white line was the over flow of the fresh water tank. The Cottage has 1- fresh water tank, 1- black and 3-grey water tanks. After hooking up correctly and charging the lines, all is well and running smoothly. Thanks forum.
Your stick with us and we will go places! Youroo!! US flag on 1st line!
Old 03-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #6

2016 Cedar Creek Cottage 40cck plumbing

Not familiar with the exterior layout of your unit, but most have just a few options.

If your unit has a compartment with all the water connections and valves. Where you connect to your campground water source there may be a valve directly above the connection, make sure it is turned to city, the gravity position will fill your fresh water tank only, as you have described. Your water heater is a 20 gallon residential one it will take a little bit to fill it once you get water to the faucets. Do not turn it on until you have a steady stream of water at each hot water faucet.

If you have only separate exterior connections make sure you connect to the city water connection, again connecting to the fresh or gravity connect will only fill the fresh water tank.

There is one other possibility, but since you are not getting any water at all from any faucet, it is not likely to be the issue. The check valve in the fresh water line could be stuck open allowing water to flow to the fresh water tank, but usually when this happens you also get water from your faucets.

Let us know how you make out.

Disregard my post you all were posting as I was writing, glad everything is ok. Happy Camping
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:05 AM   #7

Gcaughron, don't feel bad a friend did worse while he thought he was filling his fresh water tank he had hooked his hose to the black tank flush instead, he could not figure while it was taking so long to fill his fresh water tank, thankfully it was a rather new unit but he did have to dump first before parking
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #8

Since you state it is a "white hose" it appears you have a storage tank? As for why you have no water, i would check the by-pass valves again i have goofed them up more then once and have no water in my coach.
Hope this helps and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, plumbing