Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #1

2018 Mini Lite Water Pump issue

Hello, We own a 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 1905 and the water pump does not cycle at times. What happens is that when I turn on the water pump switch there is silence. So I called a RV repair shop in South Dakota on our recent trip, and the Service Manager said to tap the small black box that is part of the pump (pressure regulator ) and guess what, that worked, I have had to do this several times to get the pump to work.
My question is, is that small black box replaceable or not , or the does the water pump need to be changed out for a new one ? Once I tap the box everything is working properly. It is a factory Artis water pump. I did clean the cheap piece of screening in the water pump, but that made zero difference. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,
Mark
fazzer698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #2

Water Pump Problem Solved !

Hello All,
After doing some research I have found my answer to my problem. It starts with the factory water pump for my 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 1905. It is manufactured by Artis Products for Forrest River. After placing a call to Artis Products Tech Division and speaking with someone there, they are no longer manufacturing water pumps for RV applications because they can't be competitive with other manufactures. I also was informed that my problem when water pump lights up but does not work is due to a sticky value in the pressure regulator on the small black box mounted on water pump. He said generally doing a small tap on the black box gets it going. He also stated they caught most of these, but admitted alot did make it into production. He offered to send me a new regulator but I have lost confidence in this product, and are currenlty looking for a top of line water pump. I think I mite have it down to Shurflow or Lippert Max Flow or if someone can recommend something else ? It was very dissapointing dry camping 1500 miles away from home and having a issue with the water pump but with how cheaply these things are built is to be expected . I hope this may help others with this situation.
fazzer698 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, mini lite, pump, water, water pump