RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-14-2020, 09:00 PM   #1

2019 2509s black tank

Owner of 2019 Rockwood mini lite 2509s. Having 3 kids and 2 adults in trailer gets us max 2 days without need to dump gray and black tank. I know about totes, but did anybody change black tank for bigger one like for example this?

https://www.recpro.com/alpha-62-gall...yABEgLKAPD_BwE

Wonder if there is a space to do it, does anybody removed black plastics? Since I have all that skirting under my belly and cannot measure or see whats up there. Thanks for info
Peter Des Plaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Des Plaines View Post
Owner of 2019 Rockwood mini lite 2509s. Having 3 kids and 2 adults in trailer gets us max 2 days without need to dump gray and black tank. I know about totes, but did anybody change black tank for bigger one like for example this?

https://www.recpro.com/alpha-62-gall...yABEgLKAPD_BwE

Wonder if there is a space to do it, does anybody removed black plastics? Since I have all that skirting under my belly and cannot measure or see whats up there. Thanks for info
Even with 3 kids and 2 adults, how do you fill up a black tank that fast? 30 gallons is a lot. I don't doubt the gray tank is overflowing, though.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Even with 3 kids and 2 adults, how do you fill up a black tank that fast? 30 gallons is a lot. I don't doubt the gray tank is overflowing, though.
Hmm, clever, answer question with question, really helping, Thank you.
Peter Des Plaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #4

Have not changed a black tank out. You can look under the choroplast with a boroscope. They are cheap on amazon.

How is it you are monitoring the black tank? The sensors are notoriously wrong so just wondering why you believe it is full.

With 5 people I have gone 5 days and did not fill the black tank. Grey yes, black no. I have 40 gal tanks and the first thing I do is dump 5 gal of water into it. The tank monitor showed it full in 2 days amd we wemt 3 more.

If looking down into it to gauge it sometimes you just get a pyramid (this is why I dump 5gal of water in first) that makes it look full or will even back it up because the pile does not get out of the way.

Sorry no help on the tank replacement but hopefully you will find its not as full as you think?
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, tank