Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #1

2902ws water system issues...

Ok, maiden voyage in our new 2902ws....all seemed ok when sanitizing and flushing the FWT and lines but I noticed on the 2nd camping day that the pump continued to run. The system was pressurized but lower than usual and you couldn’t hear the pump running in the trailer. Checked via the access door and noticed the filter housing ( with the new filter in it that I put in right before we left) was partially full and the pump was running with a quiet hum.

First order of business was to shut it off under fear of water leaking badly some where. Nope. All good every where. Pulled the filter in case it was bad, reinstalled the housing without the filter and tried again. Sometimes it would shut off fully while others it would keep the low hum. Seems to be completely random.

I can see air in the inlet pump strainer and in the clear housing when the pump is running which explained while we were getting air each time we used it. I figure I have a loose connection so that is my next investigation. We just let the pump pressurize the system until we couldn’t hear it (took a while longer than it should due to the air in the lines) and then turned the switch off. We turned it on when we needed to use that water. Very manageable. Note: even when turning on the pump the next morning it wouldn’t run....there wasn’t sufficient loss of pressure/leaking. I also checked the winterizing valve was in the correct orientation which I never changed but did cycle it when checking this issue.

Three questions:
1. Would air in the pump cause the continuous (low hum/vibration) pump operation?
2. Should we have opened the water miser at the shower when priming the system (we didn’t use the shower).
3. Does anyone know why there appear to be two lines that join up before the pump inlet line just before the valve for winterizing?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52821FEA-0FC3-44D0-BB80-56B914697625.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	236292  
Old 08-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Team

1. Yes. Air in the pump will cause it not to build enough pressure to shut off.

2. Probably, but it may not have made a difference. You can open it and try to purge the system again if you'd like.

3. That is an interesting configuration. I'm guessing, but one could be a low point drain for the system.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:58 PM   #3

Thanks. Good thought on the low point drain being one of the lines. Will try the to bleed through the miser before the next trip.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #4

Turned out to be the strainer housing not being fully tight. I didn't notice it moving anyway when I checked the strainer. When I installed a hose to the winterization fitting it leaked instantly. Tightened it 1/4 turn more (by hand) and the leaked stopped. Switched over to the tank feed and all is good. Whew. Easy.

Tags
water