Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2020, 12:28 PM   #1

2nd Trip with new camper and water pump jus dies!!

So I exhausted almost every avenue fuse wise, i cant find nadda one thats tied into the pump so luckily theres an RV place 2 miles away and $75 later for the exact same pump and nothing!!! I did not have a tester with but I will next time. Pulled out the birds nest of wires behind the control panel and low and behold pic attached. Looks like FR techs were too lazy to cut the connector off to add the vital water pump lead to it so they jus crammed it in!!!! Not even any tape at least... Nothing!!! Also pulled all the fuses and 4 of them dont even light up when they are blown so everyone dont take that shhabby system as gospel!!! Bought new over a year ago and only 2nd trip with it with our 12V fridge going out on the 1st trip.... 6 months later new fridge installed by dealer and now this! Wife already says we trading back to a more reliable manufacturer like the 10 YO Jayco we had.... Zero issues in 10 years!!!! Bye bye [emoji112] FR!!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20200905_111413.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	238433
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #2

Hope you have better luck with the new Jayco. However, I suspect that Jayco hires from the same pool of "electricians" that Forest River does.

The real issue is that piece work payment on the assembly line forces the electrician to work faster than he should so the assembly line gang can finish a trailer together. The result is the shoddy electrical work you have documented.

But I have to ask - did the pump work on your PDI? If yes, the wire nut wasn't crimped well enough - something that could happen to anybody unless they have time to give a "tug" test to every wire connection. Having to do tug tests defeats the advantages of wire nuts when I do wiring, so I use other connecting devices.

If the pump didn't work at PDI (or the pump was not checked), that's partially on you and the dealer for not checking/fixing the pump on the spot.

just my thoughts, feel free to disagree
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #3

Bummer. Sorry for your issues.

People seem to think that you get better quality with a higher price point but my buddy with a brand new airstream had 10x the issues I did so I suspect they are all the same and it is just luck of the draw. My other friend with a lance has also had minimal issues. His biggest one was the fridge and it was his crimp from when he added a fan.

Good luck whatever you decide.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, pump, water, water pump