Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterops1 View Post
Tubing/hoses may be good for 100 psi but connections have failed. Had a pop-up down at Disney World 40 years ago with no PRV. Came back to the site at night to find our belongings laid out on the table. Failed to turn water off when leaving for the day and found out DW gets high water pressures. Neighbors saw water running out and shut it off for us . A good PRV is standard for me (as is shutting off spigot when going out). Live and learn.
Yep. Fittings fail because of age as do hoses if not PEX. How do know what the water pressure is? I am in a camp ground that has 165 PSI. That is ridiculous and it needs a regulator to regulate it down.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsailor View Post
Hooked up and had abysmal water pressure in shower. I had a brass water pressure regulator (wpr) hard-coded at 45 psi. I tried another brass wpr hard-coded at 40-50 psi. Same results. I tried a plastic one (didn't see pressure coding). Same results. I tried the last one I had with me -- a brass one with a gauge which showed low water pressure from the campground hookup. Same result. Finally I tried with no wpr and we had decent shower pressure.

My conclusion after reading a number of threads: I need to get a wpr that allows me to adjust the pressure to what I need to get decent shower flow. Can someone suggest a model that works well and where I might find it?

FWIW I have a 29' TT Coachmen Freedom Express 248 RBS.

Dale
You have found that what you have is a restricter. An adjustable regulator, as you are looking for, will solve your issue.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
Old 07-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #23

what about a watts?

I use a watts regulator set at 55. Watts LF-263A with SS Screws, SS Oil Filled Gauge and 3/4" FPT fittings - 140$ ouch

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #24
Site Team

I used a regulator at a church camp in Oklahoma and had terribly low pressure "spray" from the OE shower head. I removed the regular. That solved the shower issue. Next ===> the vacuum breaker/check valve in the toilet blew up and sprayed water on the bathroom ceiling until I ran out and shut off the water. Without a valve on the toilet, we had difficulty until we went home.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #25
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Radio, do you have a part/item/etc. number?
Got mine at CW

https://www.campingworld.com/bodyspa...ower-kit-white

I think the style may have changed slightly. Also my install wound up being a mix of the original shower head and the new one.

Be sure to plug up the drain. If you drop ANYTHING it WILL go down the drain! Ask me how I know.
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #26
Site Team

Thank you, sir!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115; Booked for 2022 = 41
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:41 AM   #27

I had the same issue the first year we had our camper. I would run the water pump to sumplement the flow when taking a shower using my water tank.

Once I figured out it was the regulator I didnít bother with the Rv sources.

Go to a hardware store and look at the water pressure regulators for a house. Like the one by your home water shut off valve. Then go to the plumbing fittings and put brass fittings on it to hook up to a garden hose. I no longer have any issues.

Going without a regulator is a bad idea for me. We camp on the rivers a lot. In Missouri that means in the bottom of a valley sorrounded by large steep hills/ bluffs. Most of the places we stay have thier surge tanks on top of the bluffs. This gives them a gravity feed system that doesnít rely on pumps. Also has about 100 psi of pressure. Second trip out I didnít use the regulator and blew a brand new fresh water hose in half after 15 minutes.
quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I can't speak to amount of flow or anything else but we have an Oxygenics and we just plain like it better. We have the low end all plastic version which works exactly the same as the fancy shiny versions. Only cheaper.

I just bought the inexpensive white one. My wife takes too long of showers in the camper and uses a lot of water. Iím hoping itís due to the cheap low pressure shower head that came with our Rockwood Roo.
mpotapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:47 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsailor View Post
Hooked up and had abysmal water pressure in shower. I had a brass water pressure regulator (wpr) hard-coded at 45 psi. I tried another brass wpr hard-coded at 40-50 psi. Same results. I tried a plastic one (didn't see pressure coding). Same results. I tried the last one I had with me -- a brass one with a gauge which showed low water pressure from the campground hookup. Same result. Finally I tried with no wpr and we had decent shower pressure.

My conclusion after reading a number of threads: I need to get a wpr that allows me to adjust the pressure to what I need to get decent shower flow. Can someone suggest a model that works well and where I might find it?

FWIW I have a 29' TT Coachmen Freedom Express 248 RBS.

Dale
have you removed the shower head and cleaned it?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:08 AM   #30

I use the Valtera adjustable wpr, has a gauge on it. Also replaced the shower head with an Oxygenics Fury shower head.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:22 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
Be sure to plug up the drain. If you drop ANYTHING it WILL go down the drain! Ask me how I know.
Good suggestion, which I would otherwise have learned the hard way!

2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 248 RBS
2014 Toyota Sequoia
stlsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerdad View Post
You have found that what you have is a restricter. An adjustable regulator, as you are looking for, will solve your issue.
That is one thing I've learned from this thread that I definitely did not know. I thought if it said 45 psi you got 45 psi out, assuming the water pressure at the faucet was 45 psi or greater. But it sounds as if that's not the case.

2014 Toyota Sequoia
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
I use a watts regulator set at 55. Watts LF-263A with SS Screws, SS Oil Filled Gauge and 3/4" FPT fittings - 140$ ouch

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/
Have you found this one is better than the less expensive ones? The less expensive ones seem to be sold under multiple brand names but look identical meaning they have the same manufacturer.

I can see this one is likely to be better. But one thing concerns me -- the statement "Caution should be taken not to expose the gauge and regulator to freezing temperatures, as the bourdon tube in the gauge can freeze." I do like to do cold weather camping at times, and the thought of a $140 piece of equipment freezing does make me shiver. What do you do about this?

2014 Toyota Sequoia
Old 07-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #34

An informative thread and your thoughts are helpful. I'm going to summarize the options offered so far, and hope I haven't missed any. I need this for myself, and someone reading later might find it useful.

Things I will try as soon as I can get back to the trailer.
  • Option 1: Check for a water restrictor at the hose before the water entrance to the shower head.
  • Option 2: Remove the shower head and clean it.
Things I will try when I get time.
Things I don't feel comfortable doing
  • Option 5: Don't use a pressure regulator.

Further thoughts are welcome.

2014 Toyota Sequoia
Old 07-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
You really need to try a HIGH FLOW regulator, Valterra makes one, around 25.00 dollars..... do a search for HIGH FLOW RV WATER REGULATOR.
Is this the one?

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa...01-1122VP.html
bigrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrez View Post
NO. See stlsailor post above yours and click on his links. Any of those will work.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
Old 07-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #37

I've a brand new full timer and am staying at my first campsite. Water pressure at the shower head was abysmal until I removed the water pressure regulator. Pressure is now great inside the camper and the campground water PSI is set to 47psi so I'm not too worried about it.

I went and ordered an oxygenics shower head from Amazon but now don't need it.

Question from a topic from previous poster: Can you run the water pump with city water attached to the camper? I thought the water pump was only to draw water from the fresh water tank. Thanks,
TL
Ilovemywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 08:52 PM   #38

We have been through maybe 20 campgrounds last year and present with this RV and quit using them . Never had a problem not using them. I think the newer RVs are setup for higher pressure maybe.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #39

The Final Solution

RV water systems are basically all the same and have not changed. They work the same today as they did 30 years ago. Throw in the inconsistency with campground water supplies and you have constant pressure fluctuations. Furthermore, most of the time you donít have adequate pressure.

Not me! I refused to acquiesce to the status quo. I have a 2007 Allegro Bus. Last year the guts fell out of the wet bay half way through a 6500 mile trip. After the trip I gutted the wet bay, installed additional floor structure, and installed new flooring.

With a newly restored wet bay compartment, I had a blank canvas. I had the opportunity to design my own water system. I envisioned a system independent of the campground water supply. A thus that is what I designed and implemented.

Here are the basics. The RV is supplied with water from the onboard electric pump ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME drawing water only from the fresh water tank. The pump was upgrade to a 5.0 GPM variable speed pump. Pump cycling is reduced with the aid of a pressure bladder tank. Water pressure is amazing. It is always the same, moving or parked.

When parked, I hook up to the campground water supply. This is used to keep the fresh water tank topped off. This is accomplished with an electric valve and a float switch in the fresh water tank. I use a small diameter hose and el cheapo regulator to connect to the campground supply. I donít care what the delivery rate is because all this is doing is keeping the fresh water tank topped off. There is an inline filter in the refill system so all water going into the fresh water tank is filtered and this has no effect on the pump system.

If I ever get another RV, the first thing I will do is make this mod.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:53 AM   #40

RV plumbing (overall system) is not rated for more than 35 or 40 psi. Running higher pressures will eventually result in failure.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, show, shower