Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #21

Two options I use:
1. 2.5 gallon shop vac which has both suction and discharge fittings. I drain all the drops then open each valve separately and suck the line dry. When each is cleared I put in the drain plugs for sinks, bath etc. Disconnect the water pump discharge and blow with the vac discharge. If there is no water in any of the basins then the unit is good. Suck the traps dry and pour in a little pink.
2. Drain and blow out the lines with the vac. Remove the inlet to the water pump and connect to a spare inlet fitting with about 2 feet of tubing. Put tubing in pink jug and run each faucet individually until pink comes out. This will take care of the emptied traps.
This assumes you have drained and isolated the water heater.
Timtation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #22
Resident Masshole

To the OP - I can repeat the advice above, as I have that exact same compressor. One of the smaller ones that you get for air guns would do fine (3-5 gallon range)

In my case, I pumped the 20gal up to 140psi, unplugged it so I could wheel it out to the camper, and when I was all done blowing out the lines I still had 90psi left (I had the pressure regulator on the hose set to 30psi sustained)

As I'm a bit paranoid about freezing, I still put antifreeze in the lines.
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote