Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #1

Another Plumbing Leak -2012 APEX 22 QBS

This long winded leak/flood problem in my 2012 APEX 22 QBS . I Know the issue was posted quite some time ago but I thought maybe someone came up with a definitive answer. I, like someone previously was looking for a drawing of their plumbing with not success. Drawings don't exist.

First, I'm using on board water. My pump was cycling;3 seconds pumping and then about 10 seconds off. Had a small amount of water on the main floor near the water heater. Then I removed the access panel to get under the shower tub and got my arm inside to stick my hand down into the cavity along the wall. Bingo! about 3" of water.

Assumed the leak was down stream from the vanity. Cut the PEC lines after the T and capped them. This was to isolate the leak. IT WORKED. No more cycling of the pump and things dried up. So far, so good. I figured I could remove the shower surround as a summer project. It's one piece and I think it can be removed if I take the vanity out.

Just an FYI. I'm in a RV resort in Okeechobee Florida as I write this. Not heading back up north for another 6 weeks.

Now the saga continues. Finally decided to get on CITY water. Hooked it up, opened the water valve and setting the water pressure at about 20 PSI. Must have diddled around outside for about 5 minutes before coming inside to see a FLOOD. Water was running around 3 sides of the camper on the main floor. It crept up to the bed frame and under the kitchen sink.

Turned off the outside water, mopped it all up and got the water out of that cavity down below the tub... again. Back on tank water and no leaks. Now I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what to do next.

I sent an email to Ben Kruip, customer service manager at Forest River asking for a schematic of the typical plumbing layout as someone else did earlier in the thread. No response yet.

I may have broken or loosened up a fitting when I was coming down. Real bad pot holes on I-65 and hit the worst set of RR tracks in a small town in Alabama.

Going to try using my small compressor with my blow-out fitting to see if I can hear the leak when I get back home. The lines I cut which were not capped that continue to the bath faucet/shower didn't show and water leaking. This might tell me what other plumbing is hiding behind the walls or under the floor. That City water connection lines up with the bath. Where it goes from there is a mystery.
Bohica Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, leak, plumbing