Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Antifreeze Exterior Inlet Winterizing Help

Guys I need your help. Micro Lite 25BRDS. I have the exterior antifreeze inlet feature. On my old trailer I had a tube and just did it all from the inside. So on this one, what I am confused about is how do I put the antifreeze into the exterior inlet? It has the threads for screwing a hose into the inlet. Dunno. Need help. I know to bypass the water heater prior, but do I also bypass the onboard water filter canister?

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Guys I need your help. Micro Lite 25BRDS. I have the exterior antifreeze inlet feature. On my old trailer I had a tube and just did it all from the inside. So on this one, what I am confused about is how do I put the antifreeze into the exterior inlet? It has the threads for screwing a hose into the inlet. Dunno. Need help. I know to bypass the water heater prior, but do I also bypass the onboard water filter canister?
MyTT also had the pump inside. But now my MH has the pump in a compartment outside. The winterizing process is much the same though.
I'm assuming you have hoses for both the fresh water tank and one for drawing antifreeze from the gallon bottles. With mine there's a valve to close off access to the fresh water tank. So that's about the same as disconnecting the hose from the fwt and replacing it with a winterizing kit hose. Yes you still need to bypass the hot water heater and close the cold and hot water lines to and from the tank.
Some pictures of your outside compartment would be helpful.
Yes you probably need to deal with the filter too.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #3

On my trailer

Things to do:
1. With the pump off open the faucets everywhere. Mt TT has three.
2. Change the valve setting on the water heater to bypass the water heater.
3. Drain the water heater and flush the sand out of it.
4. If you have a air flusher (tire connector to a male hose connection) set your air compressor on about 40# pressure and purge all of the lines with air (open the valves one at a time until it is burping air out).
5. Find the low point drains and drain them of water. Put the caps/valves back on. At this point most of the water should be out of the system. Don't forget the inside and outdoor shower and toilet in this process.
6. Near the water pump should be a valve that switches between the fresh water tank and the antifreeze inlet. Move to the antifreeze inlet setting.
7. Put your jug of antifreeze on a box. Buy/make a hose with a male hose fitting on one end and a plastic hose on the other to go inside the antifreeze jug.
8. Close all faucets/shower valves. Turn on the water pump and proceed valve to valve until the pink stuff comes out.
9. Pour some antifreeze down each drain.

There are other threads and videos on this website. Here is one of them: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-69757.html
TV: 1999 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4
Honda EU2200i Generator, 300 Watts Solar
Ham Callsign KD7UM
UT_Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

I was in the same boat as you and followed the directions as UT_Grandpa suggested. My previous TT just had an extra hose near the pump and didn't have the inlet. I will say that it seems like the system never would fully pressurize. Seemed like the pump was struggling to fully pressurize the system. Not sure if I did something wrong or not, but I was able to get pink stuff flowing from all of the faucets, so I'm assuming (hoping) I'm OK.
gmancanplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antifreeze, exterior, winter