Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #1

Any idea where this hose goes and why it's dripping

Hi everyone, had the new to us 2015 Cherokee 26dbh out for a shake down trip this past weekend. Everything went well save the water heater, but after reading the forum I have an idea what it might be. I'll post up separately if I can't figure it out.
But while walking around it, I saw a puddle on the ground on between the left side tires and looking at it I saw a hose with a slow drip. It looks like it should have a cap on it. Any idea what it might go to?
Thanks in advance.
The 2nd pic is for perspective on where it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hose1.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	164387   Click image for larger version

Name:	hose2.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	464.2 KB
ID:	164388  
Raptor2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #2

fresh water tank overflow?
Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #3

I thought about that, but gauge says it's empty and I never put any in it...not to say there wasn't some in there, but I wouldn't think overflow.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #4

looks like the fresh water tank over flow. Does not need a cap or shut off unless you run into problems with your tank siphoning empty once you fill.

Side note someone has cut open your underbelly liner and done some work.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #5

Ah, thanks for the replies...what would they work on there other than the fresh water tank? I'll take a closer look as well. Much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:21 PM   #6

is it at all near the fridge area, ... it does look too large for this, but could it be the fridge condensation drain tube?

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #7

what is that grey fitting next to the hose? no cap on it? did they plumb the hot and cold low point drains together? No sure why else there would be another drain. That fitting and those cuts in the underbelly don't look factory to me.

If you towed it maybe just a few drops sloshed around and found their way out?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #8

To find out if it's attached to the water tank, start filling the tank. If water starts coming out it's the tank drain and it needs a cap/plug.

If nothing comes out until the tank is totally full and you let the water continue to run, it's the overflow.

If nothing has happened yet, turn on the pump. If still nothing, it could be a condensate drain.

Eventually it's purpose will be revealed

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #9

Thought about fridge but it's on the other side of the rig. And I'm not sure about the gray hose either...was hoping you would know. lol
I'll go do some inspection tomorrow and see if I can find where they lead.

I appreciate the quick responses everyone.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #10

On our 2012 25rb we have our fresh water drain fresh water vent in that area plus I think the over pressure line for the water heater dumps some where near ther too
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:43 PM   #11
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor2a View Post
Hi everyone, had the new to us 2015 Cherokee 26dbh out for a shake down trip this past weekend. Everything went well save the water heater, but after reading the forum I have an idea what it might be. I'll post up separately if I can't figure it out.
But while walking around it, I saw a puddle on the ground on between the left side tires and looking at it I saw a hose with a slow drip. It looks like it should have a cap on it. Any idea what it might go to?
Thanks in advance.
The 2nd pic is for perspective on where it is.
NEVER shut off the overflow pipe. I did and my tank exploded when I filled it (it was faulty to start with).
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #12

Based on the location, the threads, and the...modifications...to the underbelly, I bet it's a drain that needs to be capped. The overflow is the tube on the right with no threads or way to cap it since it's not supposed to be blocked.

I'd crawl under there with a flashlight and a mirror to see what's going on, or you can do what was suggested and start filling the fresh water tank and see if water starts coming out.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
Based on the location, the threads, and the...modifications...to the underbelly, I bet it's a drain that needs to be capped. The overflow is the tube on the right with no threads or way to cap it since it's not supposed to be blocked.

I'd crawl under there with a flashlight and a mirror to see what's going on, or you can do what was suggested and start filling the fresh water tank and see if water starts coming out.
X2 on DieselDrax answer in the photo it looks like you can see the fresh water bottom and that the white nipple comes from it straight out from that.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote