Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #1

Any remote tank monitor options?

I have a 2021 Salem Hemisphere 290RL. Came with the basic control panel for slides, lights and tank monitoring. I added a smart shunt for better battery monitoring. Is there any way I can add that for my tank monitoring? We ran out of fresh water last week and I didn't put restrictions in place until it was too late. Would be nice to have an app that monitored all the tank levels and I could set warnings on my phone.

Thanks for any input!

Corn
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I have a 2021 Salem Hemisphere 290RL. Came with the basic control panel for slides, lights and tank monitoring. I added a smart shunt for better battery monitoring. Is there any way I can add that for my tank monitoring? We ran out of fresh water last week and I didn't put restrictions in place until it was too late. Would be nice to have an app that monitored all the tank levels and I could set warnings on my phone.

Thanks for any input!

Corn
How much you want to spend? Always the second question to ask. Garnet makes a replacement tank monitoring system that includes a Bluetooth option, see link below.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/ba...opular-demand/

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theb2b View Post
How much you want to spend? Always the second question to ask. Garnet makes a replacement tank monitoring system that includes a Bluetooth option, see link below.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/ba...opular-demand/
That price is fine. I just went under the trailer and it is enclosed. Tried to remove the panel under the fresh tank and that seems to be a PITA. I could cut an access hole to mount the sensor for that panel. Just really want it for the fresh tank.
corn18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:03 PM   #4

How do the sensors for the SeeLevel differ from the standard sensors?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
That price is fine. I just went under the trailer and it is enclosed. Tried to remove the panel under the fresh tank and that seems to be a PITA. I could cut an access hole to mount the sensor for that panel. Just really want it for the fresh tank.

Pulling down the coraplast is going to be the toughest part of the install I do believe, why I haven't done it yet. Installing the sensors supposed to be easy after that if you got the right ones as the length of the sensor needs to match the height of the tank. Do some searching on the forum find detail on how to get access to the tanks.

2022 Rockwood 2893BS
2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD
Theb2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post

SeeLevel sensors use induction and are mounted on the outside of the tanks rather than inside, sensing the liquid density through the tank walls, thus eliminating fouling with solids. They also have more sensing points rather than just the 3 used with standard through-the-tank-wall sensors.
RVAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
The SeeLevel uses sensors that stick onto the outside of the tank rather than use sensors that penetrate the tank.

Tags
remote, tank