Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Where? I just looked at the 22RBHL floorplan and don't see a place to put either.
I took a couple of months and went over literally dozens of floor plans before concluding the 22RBHL was the only one that would work for our particular situation.

My original plan was to remove the entire pantry wall, TV and fireplace. Once the unit arrived and I was able to get really accurate measurements I cancelled my original idea. Instead, I was able to temporarily remove the pantry door and frame work and get the dryer and washing machine in. The limitation was zero tolerance on the width of the dryer, but it worked. My wife also preferred that option because she kind of likes how the TV and fireplace currently are. And I was happy because it saved a lot of additional work.

For the dishwasher, we've lost some cabinet space under the sink and one of the drawers, so that's worked out quite well too.

The attached image is from when I just got started and was trying to confirm "proof of concept". The dryer still fits in even with the wall panel replaced and the washing machine sits above it on a sturdy platform.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 6.55.58 PM.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	231.0 KB
ID:	247624  
CustomBuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBiker View Post
I'd run a stainless screw into the hole and never think about it again.
With a ceiling washer under the head And perhaps some silicon seal.
nrkmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:19 AM   #23

The rig is under warrantee?
I would not attempt to fix it. Not that you couldn't but I would demand the dealer replace the tank. If you try and it fails, the dealer may not replace it, and accuse you of causing the problem in the first place. If you get no response to your requests to replace it, send them a letter from your lawyer. That will open their eyes. I had bad experiences with dealers. and my solution works really well.
boblinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblinda View Post
The rig is under warrantee?
I would not attempt to fix it. Not that you couldn't but I would demand the dealer replace the tank. If you try and it fails, the dealer may not replace it, and accuse you of causing the problem in the first place. If you get no response to your requests to replace it, send them a letter from your lawyer. That will open their eyes. I had bad experiences with dealers. and my solution works really well.
If you read post #18, the OP discusses why they have decided against a warranty replacement/repair.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, tank