Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #21

great discussion here - i honestly never considered one - but it would certainly come in handing in our provincial parks that don't have sewer hookup. i might just give this one a try!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo20 View Post
great discussion here - i honestly never considered one - but it would certainly come in handing in our provincial parks that don't have sewer hookup. i might just give this one a try!
That's absolutely what I thought as well. We do a lot of boondocking and don't want to take down the trailer every week or so and I figured this would work awesome.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #23

Never camped in a SP or NP w/o full hookups. This could change that, if I could get into one on the east coast or east ern Midwest.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #24
Kanadian Kamper

I don’t have one of these things, but, I have seen some models that allow you to hook it onto a trailer hitch ball to tow behind your vehicle in case the the RV dump is father away than you’d like to walk (both ways remember).

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:24 PM   #25

Mine is 3 years old. I love it. I tow it to the dump station.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Barker-42...SABEgL-R_D_BwE
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #26

Rhino

Got a 28 gallon from home depot.
Works really well.
Great value
Booboo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #27

for those with the 28 gallon tank - whats the weight when full? if i had to hand wheel it to the dump station what can i expect?

id be seriously nervous towing it behind the truck....ive got the luck where the wheels woudl blow off and ....well...yup.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #28

Quote:
for those with the 28 gallon tank - whats the weight when full? if i had to hand wheel it to the dump station what can i expect?

id be seriously nervous towing it behind the truck....ive got the luck where the wheels woudl blow off and ....well...yup.
If totally full you're looking at pulling 265-270 pounds.

It comes with a steel adapter for the trailer hitch but usefull for pulling by hand too. It allows for an easier lift ( more leverage) and your ankles will be farther from the tote.

For tugging by hand perhaps a wide strap rigged to the tow adapter would allow one to put some shoulder effort into it.

Mine is now firmly ensconced at the rear of my pickup bed where I'll be pumping wy waste and then just using regular dump hose to empty from side discharge. Not having to wrestle it is well worth the price of the macerator.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:52 PM   #29

Quote:

Same here. The YT video mentioned earlier shows how to easily modify the axle so that the wheels don't come off. That's the one pitfall of this tank -- but once modified, it's all good.

Here's the link:

Now, if you *really* want to get fancy, hop on down to your local Harbor Freight and pick up two of the pneumatic wheels with the corresponding axle of the correct diameter to fit. Then you could probably tow this thing down the public way, if you wanted (ok, I'm kidding... but you get the idea)
Reprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:53 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
If totally full you're looking at pulling 265-270 pounds.

It comes with a steel adapter for the trailer hitch but usefull for pulling by hand too. It allows for an easier lift ( more leverage) and your ankles will be farther from the tote.

For tugging by hand perhaps a wide strap rigged to the tow adapter would allow one to put some shoulder effort into it.

Mine is now firmly ensconced at the rear of my pickup bed where I'll be pumping wy waste and then just using regular dump hose to empty from side discharge. Not having to wrestle it is well worth the price of the macerator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprise View Post
Same here. The YT video mentioned earlier shows how to easily modify the axle so that the wheels don't come off. That's the one pitfall of this tank -- but once modified, it's all good.

Here's the link:

Now, if you *really* want to get fancy, hop on down to your local Harbor Freight and pick up two of the pneumatic wheels with the corresponding axle of the correct diameter to fit. Then you could probably tow this thing down the public way, if you wanted (ok, I'm kidding... but you get the idea)
thank-you both
Old 12-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkede View Post
is the image reversed? Seems like discharge should be on the opposite side as most dump stations are designed to pull up with discharge on drivers side. Although this one does appear to be hand pull to the dump station. no hookups for truck or golf cart.

The video shows it can be towed
Old 12-31-2019, 01:07 PM   #32

Turd Hurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post

After using an old "Blue Tote" for years it finally gave up the ghost (cracks on fill spout near locking lugs).

Saw this and it looked like someone put a lot of thought into it's design. Large wheels, easy fill, easy empty (two ways) and a flush system to keep it clean.

Was going back and forth over getting a "sewage bladder" or another Blue Tote.

The bladder would limit me to using my truck only and require a macerator pump. A tote would allow for direct fill from my tank discharge but if I had to take to to a distant dump site I'd have to lift it into my truck when full. Not an attractive job even with help.

With this unit it looks like more flexibility. Also like the idea of the side discharge if I do have it in the back of my truck having hauled it to a dump station.

Anyone have any experience with this tote? Interested in your likes or dislikes.
I have the 28 gallon rhino tank and like it very much. Easy to use, clean, and store. Comes with every thing you need.
Jim

Jim & Brenda
USMC Vet.
Asst. Fire Chief - Ret.
2018 RAM 3500 CC DRW
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 29RKBS
ACJCF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reprise View Post

Here's the link:

I have a 28 gallon and have hand toted it. Not terrible. Remember 8.34lbs/gal.
Jim

Jim & Brenda
USMC Vet.
Asst. Fire Chief - Ret.
2018 RAM 3500 CC DRW
Old 12-31-2019, 01:22 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Funny. I was just looking at these last night and decided to put this one on my someday soon list, after looking at several articles on these totes.
You'll be glad you did. I am.

Jim

Jim & Brenda
USMC Vet.
Asst. Fire Chief - Ret.
2018 RAM 3500 CC DRW
Old 12-31-2019, 04:41 PM   #35

We bought the biggest one after being at a state park campsite last year and filling our tanks. I had to break down the entire camper to go dump. So this year we were ready and it worked perfectly.
They sell a mounting bracket you can attach to your RV bumper or ladder to carry it.
You can pull it with your truck tow hitch or golfcart if you attached one there. Easy to dump and clean.
The only thing I saw in a review was a way to make sure the tire doesn't come off by drilling into the axle shaft and using a cotter pin cause the axle only has an axle cap nut.
cristofer.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:43 PM   #36

We bought the biggest one after being at a state park campsite last year and filling our tanks. I had to break down the entire camper to go dump. So this year we were ready and it worked perfectly.
They sell a mounting bracket you can attach to your RV bumper or ladder to carry it.
You can pull it with your truck tow hitch or golfcart if you attached one there. Easy to dump and clean.
The only thing I saw in a review was a way to make sure the tire doesn't come off by drilling into the axle shaft and using a cotter pin cause the axle only has an axle cap nut.
cristofer.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:58 PM   #37

Have the 36 gallon one, works great. Only place they chinced out was wheel hubs. Just press on and one was off when it shipped. Simple fix, drilled hole in axel and added cotter pin. Easy pull and easy store
Johnzielinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #38
Rocknoids

I bought one of these. I filled it with fresh water and then wheeled it to the pool to empty it. It did wheel well and emptied with no problem. It was heavy, but, this 70 YO gut could still move it around. I have not had to use it yet, and, I don't think there will be a problem. I do like the way I can hang it from my back ladder and strap it on.
Rocknoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #39

Actually, thinking of carrying one to keep folks off of my ladder.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Actually, thinking of carrying one to keep folks off of my ladder.

Especially if you put one of these on it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6613.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	221369
JWood422 is offline   Reply With Quote