Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #1

Cool Apex 267RKS, replacing line from FW tank to pump

Over Christmas we got caught in a cold snap on the road and the water lines froze. Now there's air in the line when using the FW tank (but not with city water) and the sound made by the running pump has changed. I'm sure the line from the tank to the pump has loosened or split so that it's sucking air and water. Does anyone have a procedure or a recommend on accessing the tank to check the line? I'm retired and have time to do the job, but I was hoping that I don't have to do it blind! Thanks for any thoughts.
mikemcc57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I think before resorting to replacing a line which more then likely it isn't the problem I would look to the pump strainer for cracks or the fittings around the pump. City water bypasses the pump.
good luck
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #3

I’m not familiar with your RV, so forgive me if I’m way off in my suggestion. Do you have a diverter valve and antifreeze suction hose ahead of your pump (for winterizing)? You could switch over to pulling water from a big jug to test the pump and it’s strainer (if there is one), just to be sure they are OK. If that works fine, then you can focus on the water line.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:35 AM   #4

Seadog

Thanks! I hadn't thought of the pump itself being the problem! I'll definitely check that out.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:37 AM   #5

Behind Bars

Good advice! I'll be using that too!
Old 01-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcc57 View Post
Over Christmas we got caught in a cold snap on the road and the water lines froze. Now there's air in the line when using the FW tank (but not with city water) and the sound made by the running pump has changed. I'm sure the line from the tank to the pump has loosened or split so that it's sucking air and water. Does anyone have a procedure or a recommend on accessing the tank to check the line? I'm retired and have time to do the job, but I was hoping that I don't have to do it blind! Thanks for any thoughts.

I have 267 RKS check your pump under the bathroom sink. I have to check mine every year. Also check under the sinks supply lines
p young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #7

This has been really helpful

I really do appreciate the advice. You look at a problem and think, where do I start? These are good places!

Tags
pump, tank